Refund
sbcos
Enthusiast - Level 2

I CANCELLED MY SERVICE IN NOV. 16 2013 AND I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE MONEY THEY OWE ME. I HAVE CALLED THEM NUMEROUS TIMES TO MENTION , WHAT A SCAM , WHEN YOU SIGN UP YOU PAY A MONTH IN ADVANCE. WHEN YOU CANCEL AND THEY OWE YOU MONEY YOU HAVE TO WAIT 3+ MONTHS FOR YOUR REFUND, I WILL NEVER COME BACK TO VERIZON . BTW , STILL WAITING FOR THE MONEY THEY OWE ME. 

Re: Refund
bigmistake99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Kiss that money goodbye. I signed up for a "package" for $87 per month and they "made a mistake" so it cost me over $160 per month. And they will not refund any money even though they broke the law and scammed me.

0 Likes
mjenascar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was with verizon for over 10 years. Started having problems with customer service lying about what they were doing to my account. They would tell us they were changing things at our request and give us price then when bill came it was wrong getting them to fix it was another story. They would say we were told wrong and what we were billed was right but we don't want that and they wouldn't credit us for customer service mistake. Beware any new customers. The customer service sucks. Had alot of problems towards the end so we left and now the waiting for refund. Verizon has been holding my refund since December 16th. I was told it takes 40 days from when you cancel to get refund. Its been 2 months and still don't have my $74.95. I was told today I probably won't receive money till possibly the 24th of this month and even then she wasn't sure I would get it cause it hasn't been released yet???????  They don't care about customers they have gotten to big. That's why we left this company after 10 years being with them . Be warned if you have a credit on your account you won't get your money back for A LONG TIME.

0 Likes
sbcos
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got my refund check, after I called about 100 TIMES , I also filed a complaint with the Attorney General, and the FCC. I will NEVER go back to VERIZON 

Spoiler

0 Likes
ballneaa

I am having the same problem. I canceled my verizon fios account service back in May 2014. My account on autopay and when the dust settled I had a $135 credit balance. I have reached out to Verizon several times to ask for the refund (althought I would have thought the refund should be issued immediately without requiring further action). Each time I call they are very polite on the phone and say they will mail a refund check. I've been told this several times now over the past 7 months but still no check. What do I need to do to finally get my refund? Very frustrated but just want to get this resolved. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ballneaa,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your refund. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
julie4090

I cancelled my service on March 14, 2015.  At that time I had a credit balance for $140.78.  It is now June 1, 2015 and Verizon still has my money.  I have made countless phone calls and have been told numerous stores,  It will take 3 weeks, it will take two weeks, the check was returned, we dont know why we didnt try to send it again please hold...etc.

I have reported Verizon to the BBB.  Don't know if that will do any good.

I do have a friend who works at channel 4 here in Los Angeles.  I am going to ask her if they can do some sort of investigation into this since it seems to be widespread.

I WANT MY MONEY!  WITH INTEREST!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi julie4090,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
bradpstewart

I am in a similar situation. I cancelled my service in mid-April because I was moving to an apartment that didn't have Verizon FiOS as an option. My last day of service was 4/29/2015. They took my new address and said that I would get a refund sent to me in the mail.

I've now had two bill statements (5/6/2015 and 6/6/2016) with a balance of -$38.77. I've called twice about my refund. The first time they swore it would be sent soon. I never received it, so I called yesterday. They told me it was never sent because they needed my new address, which I gave to them in mid-April. I was told the request for a refund check was again submitted. However, my account balance today is still -$38.77.

Can somebody please escalate this issue and tell me when I will be getting my money back?

Thank you,
Brad Stewart

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi bradpstewart,

If the address information was only updated yesterday and you were advised that the refund request has been resubmitted, please allow a few days for the account to update. 

0 Likes