Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Relentless Verizon Cramming Fraud Ripoff

jebnyc
Contributor
Contributor

Relentless Verizon Cramming Fraud Ripoff

Message 1 of 3
(1,567 Views)

Since my August, 2011 bill, I have been being charged for $3.98 for "VLD Verizon single Rate Long Distance"; despite the fact that I have Verizon Freedom Esentials; which includes $7.97 for long distance.

"VLD Verizon single Rate Long Distance" is a service that I nver requested or ordered.

Every month i have to call Verizon and get the fraudulent VLD Verizon single Rate Long Distance charge removed. Every month I am told that I should not be being charged for this and that the charge will not appear again. Yet, every month it reappears. I have spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this.

When I  called in November, I was told that a "ROC ticket" would be put in and that should take care of it.

I viewed my new bill on line today and the fraudulent charge is still there.

I am a longtime Verizon, Bell Atlantic and Nynex customer. Why do they have so little regard for my time and money ? why am I being subjected to this cramming ripoff?

2 REPLIES 2
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Re: Relentless Verizon Cramming Fraud Ripoff

Message 2 of 3
(1,562 Views)

I'm sorry to hear about your recent issue regarding the long distance charges. The Verizon Forums is a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. Because your issue appears to need account specific assistance from Verizon, I've copied your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer that solved your issue as the accepted solution.

TonyaD_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Relentless Verizon Cramming Fraud Ripoff

Message 3 of 3
(1,556 Views)

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title