Re: Reminder to Change Your My Verizon Account User ID
ajaffrey
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guess what I was trying to get across in my post above is that people aren't receiving prompts like the email says.  There is no prompt to change or confirm our user ID.  So most people will go to the page, log in and think everything is fine.  However, it wasn't until I decided to pretend I was a 'new' registrant that I completed the process of confirming a user ID in the new MY Verizon web portal.

After pretending I was a new registrant, this is the email I received from Verizon (even though I have been registered with the online portal for 5 years:

Thank you for joining verizon.com  

Dear ******* *****,

Welcome aboard! We're glad to have you as a My Verizon limited access member. Now you can access your bill online so you can quickly make a payment and set up automatic monthly payments. Please keep a copy of your user ID and sign-in information below for your records.

Your Account Information

• User ID: *********
  • Web site: MyVerizon.com (Remember to add to your favorites!)

Did you know you can do some pretty amazing things when you register for full access to My Verizon?
Here are just a few benefits to give you an idea:

• Listen to your home voice mail over the Web, check missed calls and more with Verizon Call Assistant.
  • See what's playing on FiOS TV-On Demand, TV listings, or even remotely program your DVR!
  • Order new services or make changes to the ones you already have.

Don't forget to enroll in Auto Pay so you never have to worry about missing a payment again.

Sincerely,
Verizon

So, I just want to warn people that it probably is necessary that you register again with My Verizon if you haven't done it in the last couple of months.

0 Likes
Re: Reminder to Change Your My Verizon Account User ID
ver_user2

Here is the follow up from my previous post.

I changed the password thinking that it could be a scam as posted by another user.

Verizon sent me the notification email regarding the password change with Verizon e-center contact phone number.

I call that number this morning and the rep confirmed that the user id change email sent by Verizon is real, not a scam.

In fact, in the email there is "view it online" link,

http://www.verizon.net/promo/email_promos/myverizon_identity/reminder/index.html

which has the same contents as the email.

Why did not I see the Switch Now link or page?

The rep said if I can access to the normal contents after logging in, then there is no need to change anything.

Here is the Verizon phone number. 888-710-0671

0 Likes