Removing Alleged Late Payment From Credit Report
appletrees

I see that a lot of people on these forums have faced problems with purportedly late Verizon payments unfairly reported to credit agencies.  I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one.  

Yesterday, I received a call from a collection agency claiming that I owed Verizon just over $100.  I had no idea what they were talking about.  I currently only have a Wireless account with Verizon; I've had that account for years, and it's paid off on time.  After multiple calls to Verizon, I figured out that the charge was some kind of cancellation fee for the FiOS service I had for a few weeks this past summer when I was living in a different city for the summer.  I paid Verizon today just as soon as I learned what the charge was.  I had paid all the FiOS bills that I received on time, and I returned my equipment too.  When I returned the equipment, I was told that there was nothing else that I had to do.  

I have searched my email, and I have received absolutely no emails from Verizon about this charge.  I have also received no calls or mail about this charge until the collection agency called.  Verizon never notified me that I owed them any money for this charge.  Verizon does have my contact information, as they let me know about my wireless charges regularly, and I therefore always pay those off.  As soon as I learned about this charge, I paid Verizon immediately.  It cannot be that Verizon can damage my credit for a fee that they never told me I owed them.   I called Verizon's Credit Reporting Department  twice today, but they refused to help.

Has anyone been able to convince Verizon to remove such an unfair damaging credit report?  Alternatively, has anyone had success with complaints to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Removing Alleged Late Payment From Credit Report
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Seeking_Info,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
Baker56Randy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem.  I cancelled my account in 2001 and I am just now finding out that the wrecked my credit.  I had the account since 2004 with never a late payment.  I didn't get bill saying I was late.  

0 Likes
kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic. Thank you.

0 Likes