Renewal issues and comparative rates
GiSS1
Enthusiast - Level 1

First time posting, hope this is in the correct area.

This past month has been a nightmare dealing with customer representatives and attempting to get my bill renewed at a decent price. We were originally paying $13x.xx when we signed up for phone, internet and TV services which was great. Within a year that went up to $17x.xx, still manageable but a bit high. 

In June of this year, I was due for a contract renewal. The representative was awful, constantly needing clarifcication from me on what I was trying to do with the bill and what I was actually looking to change. This was in mid June. Come July 10th or so, I check my bill to make sure everything is fine. The agreed upon price I was told was about $14x.xx, and yet my bill showed $215. 

So, after another 45 minutes on the phone another rep was able to credit me down to $155 (still not the agreed upon price, but better than 215) and fix what issues I had, or so I thought.

Now I had to call again today (7/17) because I had receieved a call stating I had equipment ready to be pickd up (which I didn't order, I actually RETURNED a box to lower my price) which apparently didn't show on my account when I called. 

I was also offered a price of $127.99 from Comcast recently to switch, and their plan offers a better selection of TV shows and the same internet speed. No I don't mind the price I'm supposed to be paying right now, but when I asked the rep if there was a way to include the movie channels offered by Comcast to make continuing my Verizon service more enticing, I was basically told "nothing we can do." 

So aside from my ranting above, is there nothing I can do to get comparative rates here? I know I'd rather not deal with Comcast which is why I don't mind staying, but the packages should at least be similar if I'm paying MORE money with Verizon. There is clearly also an issue with customer service lately, as I've had to call three times now to get a simple contract renewal. Suggestions, feedback, any reps able to help me out here?

0 Likes
Re: Renewal issues and comparative rates
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.  A Verizon moderator may escalate your issue to the support team.  If they do that, be sure to follow the instructions they provide.

Issues that are escalated are typically ones where a customer has tried several times to get resolution.  It's up to the Verizon moderators to make the escalation decision.

In my experience, I get the best deals when I call in and follow the prompts to cancel service.  The agents who process cancellations are usually easy to deal with and want to work to keep your business.  If you haven't tried this, you should before you make your final decision.

Good Luck.

Re: Renewal issues and comparative rates
GiSS1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I guess customer service failing three times and attempting to reach out via the forums was another waste of time. Definitely switching to Comcast ASAP.

0 Likes