Rental Fee Charged for Personal Router
SNMOTY09

Earlier today I checked my first bill and was surprised to see that a router rental fee was being charged to my account. I purchased my own Gateway router through Amazon prior to installation and told the salesperson I would be doing this, so he insisted that any rental charge that showed up would be temporary and could be removed. The installation technician confirmed that my personal router would work for Fios and said that I would not have to worry about any rental charges on my bill. I never received a Verizon-branded gateway router from the service technician or through the mail, so the only router I have in my home is the one I purchased myself independently of Verizon (in fact, although it is a G1100 router, it doesn't even say Verizon on it!).

When I called technical support today, they said that the router rental fee is correct and did not understand when I explained that I had purchased my own router separately and not from Verizon. I confirmed the serial number of my router that I bought, which would not have been one that was ever provided by Verizon. The phone support person provided a credit for the current bill that eliminated the rental fee, but I was also assured that someone would follow up with me to confirm that the problem had been resolved and I would not see the rental fee on subsequent bills. No one has followed up with me to confirm that this issue is resolved and my online account still indicates a router rental. To have so many problems in such a short time as a customer is rather disappointing and I am ready to end my Verizon service unless this issue is solved immediately and the rental fee is removed from my account.

0 Likes
Re: Rental Fee Charged for Personal Router
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SNMOTY09,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes