Reprehensible Practice-Verizon keeps charging my credit card for the set-top boxes I've retrurned.
munschung1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last November, 2014, I modified my TV service to just local tv and canceled my quantum enhanced service. Despite returning my equipmentts ( two set top boxes) to the local Verizon store on December 5, Verizon kept chareing my credit card for those set-top boxes that I've returned.

This is the e-receit that I have received from VZ for the return.

Thank you for your recent visit to one of our Verizon retail store locations. The e-Receipt you requested for the FiOS® equipment that you returned is below:
FiOS Equipment Dropoff Receip
tReceipt ID : {edited for privacy}
Date : 12/5/2014

Serial Number Type Make & Model
{edited for privacy}

Since the December 14th, I have called Verizon 3 times and keep being told the same nonsense - .we are not sure why you were charged for those and CSR will opened the ticket and credit will be issued for the past charges.

I just received the new bill for January, 2015 and not only the issue has not been resolved but also charged for those two set-top boxes that I do NOT have.

I called VZ today, and CSR said she would open more tickets so that I will get the credit - same nonsense that I have got in previous calls.

VERIZON - This experience has made me waste my time, lost trust in your ability to actually service the customer, and question if I really want to stay with you. 

Can you fix this ASAP?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Reprehensible Practice-Verizon keeps charging my credit card for the set-top boxes I've retrurne
munschung1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have received April bill and noticed my bill has been accurately adjusted.

Thank you, Verizon for resolving  billing issues once and for all.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Reprehensible Practice-Verizon keeps charging my credit card for the set-top boxes I've retrurne
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could try taking to Verizon's "retention" specialities.  The often are capable of more than the typical rep.  Press the buttons for "cancel all services" on the phone system and you'll get to them.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi munschung1,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your billing. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
munschung1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The charge for 1/2015 has been reversed-Thank you, Verizon.

However, these two set top boxes are still attached to my account and I am afraid that this will generate another charge in the 2/2015 billing cycle. - Why VZ does not remove these set top boxes from my account ?????

Also I have not been credited for 12/2014 chrarge ($20).

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi munschung1,

Have you been contacted by the eCenter yet?

0 Likes
munschung1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have only received following E-mail referring to taking off  January/2015 charge.

As a result of your recent inquiry, we have issued a credit in the amount of $ 21.77 on your Verizon account ending in . This credit will appear no later than your FEB, 2015 billing statement. Please note that your bills prior to that date may reflect the credited amount as unpaid.

You may view this billing adjustment to your Verizon account at verizon.com/myverizon by following the steps outlined below.

Step 1: Sign in to your Verizon account
Step 2: Select the View Your Bill link located in the My Statement section
Step 3: Select View Payments/Adjustment History from the Account Actions section on the bottom right of the page
Step 4: View your account’s Adjustment History located below the Payment History Section

If you need additional assistance, please call us at 1.800.VERIZON (1.800.837.4966).

Thank you for choosing Verizon.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi munschung1,

You might wish to direct your follow-up questions to the number provided in the email you received.

0 Likes
munschung1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have already called four times and told VZ what needs to be done and VZ knows exactly what they are and agreed to resolve the issues before the next billing cycle ;

1. refunds for two wrong charges

2. remove set-top boxes from my account.

I will wait until next billing cycle (2/2015) to see if VZ follows up.

I will keep you posted.

0 Likes
munschung1
Enthusiast - Level 2
VZ charged two set-boxes again which I have returned on 12/5/2014 !!!!

2/10-3/9Double Play Bundle Includes:
FiOS TV Local Service 12.99
FiOS Internet 50/50 60.00
Agreement Incentive thru Dec 8, 2016 -10.00
Double Play Bundle Price 62.99

2/10-3/9(Rent): 2 TV Equipment Package 19.98

Monthly Charges Subtotal $82.97
Current Activity Total $82.97
Taxes, Governmental Surcharges and Fees

VA Communications Sales Tax .67
VA State Sales Tax 1.20
Total Taxes, Governmental Surcharges and Fees $1.87
Verizon Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits

PEG Grant Fee .98
Regulatory Recovery Fee - Federal .08
Total Verizon Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits $1.06
Total New Charges $85.90
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello munschung1

We will send a note to the Ecenter and someone will be in touch.

0 Likes