Returned Payment Fee of $30 After Autopay Setup
AshChat

Verizon sent the payment request to my bank and says that the bank charged that fee because of non-payment.  This was for the first month's bill that was set as auto pay prior to the service installation.  The incentive of $10 was offered by Verizon for enrolling into auto-pay through bank or debit card.  When I checked back with Verizon they said that there has been a waiting period of 30 days for the auto-pay set up.  If that 30 day waiting period really was the case, why did Verizon pushed the payment through the auto pay before 30 days?  I have dealt with many other vendors and have made online payments and on-time, especially during this pandemic.

Not having funds in my bank account was not the issue.  The bank does not have any record of Verizon's attempt for online bill payment nor any fees charged to Verizon.  Really do not understand this $30 fee that is outrageous.  We should go to BBB or write to other agencies that monitor or regulate why the customers are being charged these fees when the customers are not at fault being tardy or negligent on their bill payments.

0 Likes
Re: Returned Payment Fee of $30 After Autopay Setup
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AshChat,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes