Returned Router, Still Being Charged Rental Fee
Golddess
Enthusiast - Level 1

On January 2nd, 2019, I returned at a physical Verizon store the Fios Quantum Gateway Router that I had been renting.  Later that day I received an e-receipt in my email.

Today my new bill arrived for February (1/25 - 2/24), but the router rental is still showing up under Services & Equipment.  I tried using the Live Chat to get this sorted out, and was told that the router rental would be taken off on my March bill.  When I asked why it was still on my February bill even though it had been returned over 20 days before the February billing period began, there was about 10 minutes of nothing, and when I asked if they were still there, I promptly received the message "Your chat with live agent has ended.".

Now I want to add that I am not saying I was deliberately disconnected, it was probably just a connection issue due to the inclement weather I am experiencing right now.  But rather than try another Live Chat that might disconnect at the whims of the weather, I figured I would try here to get this resolved.

0 Likes
Re: Returned Router, Still Being Charged Rental Fee
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Golddess,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. For billing questions, please contact Verizon Support at 1-800-VERIZON during normal business hours.

0 Likes
Re: Returned Router, Still Being Charged Rental Fee
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Golddess,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.