Returned modem months ago but still being charged for modem plus late fees
ModemReturned

In April 2019 I was told by customer service I needed a new modem because I complained of intermittent internet service, and the modem would be provided gratis by Verizon. It arrived April 23rd 2019 and did not solve the problem (symptoms were no different than old modem), plus I was charged $59.99 for the modem. I called Verizon on May 20 to complain about the charge and lack of fix, and was provided a return address label to send modem to Alburtis PA for credit. It was delivered to PA via UPS on May 22nd 2019. Customer service promised I would see the charge removed on my next bill in June. On June 14th the bill arrived and not only was I still being charged $59.99 for the modem, a late fee of $5 had been added. On June 14th I called customer service once again (in the Phillipines) and was told the fee would be removed by the time of the July bill. Today, July's bill arrived and now I have the $59.99 modem fee plus two separate late charges of $5 each. At this moment I am on hold with customer service for two hours and six minutes. I am afraid that collection agencies will soon be calling and my credit score will suffer. Verizon customer service has been dishonest with me for months now. This is fraud.

0 Likes
Re: Returned modem months ago but still being charged for modem plus late fees
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi ModemReturned,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes