Ridiculous charges and Ridiculous customer service
dewitt_li

Ridiculous customer service

Here is my story. I made a call to cancel my Fios(TV and Internet) on 7/22 because I don’t watch TV very much and it’s cheap to switch to Cox. The customer service agent on the other end said he can put my service on suspension for 45 days with no extra cost; I can simply switch back or cancel it by making another call any time during this 45 days period. I double checked with him if there would be any extra charge, he said no, it’s just provide me more flexibility. So I agreed to take the option. Below is part of the email from Verizon I have received to confirm the suspension transaction:

Dear WEI,

This email is being sent to confirm your Jul 22, 2013 request to suspend one or more of your Verizon services.

We are happy to accommodate your request.

Order Summary

Suspension Start Date: Jul 26, 2013
Suspension End date: Sep 10, 2013
Services Suspended:

• ·  FiOS Internet

• ·  FiOS TV

On 8/25, I had decided to cancel the service because I know for sure I don’t want TV and would stay with Cox, so I made a call to cancel the service, the customer service agent canceled the service and told me where to return the equipment. On the same day, I went and returned all the equipment at Verizon store.  When I was at the Verizon store, the agent said the service was not canceled but still on suspension which surprised me. The agent there said she could cancel the service and took back the equipment. I took the receipt for returning the equipment and left.  The following is part of the email I received from Verizon to confirm the service has been canceled:

Dear WEI,

We received the request to disconnect your FiOS service(s) and have started processing your order shown below:

We have received your request to disconnect your FiOS service(s) and have started processing your order below: 

Disconnect Order Details:

• Disconnect Order Number: RI00215988271
  • Disconnect Order Effective Date: Aug 25, 2013

When I thought I am done with Verizon, the ridiculous thing started happening.  On 8/29 I received an email from Verizon said the service had been restored, the following is part of the email:

Dear WEI,

This email is being sent to confirm the restoral of one or more of your Verizon services from suspension status.

Service Restoral Summary

Suspension End date: Aug 24, 2013
Services Restored:

• ·  FiOS Internet

• ·  FiOS TV

On 9/14, I got an email from Verizon said my statement dated 9/7 was available, and the new charge is $103.44 which is a whole month service fee. So I picked up phone and talked to one customer service agent, the guy told me the service was restored and that’s the reason I was charged and it has been mentioned on the bill. There is nothing wrong with it. At that time I could not see my bill so I ended the conversation with him. I took a look at the new bill and called the customer service again, and asked the agent why the service was restored and when the service was restored, and why I was charged so much without using any of their service. The lady on the other end could not gave me any reasonable answer, but instead tried to tell me that they have to restore the service in order to cancel it and the new charge is restoration fee which is so ridiculous because the bill clearly mentioned the new charge is for TV and internet service and I was told by the first guy that there was no extra charge. Anyway, she finally agreed that there should not be any new charge reluctantly and she will credit my account to correct the new charge. I thought I finally done with Verizon again, but when I checked my account later, instead of the same amount of the new charge, only $11 was credited.

I am done with talking to Verizon customer agent. I don’t know how they managed to be so dumb to not see that this is clearly their mistake and so reluctant to correct their mistake.  I don’t remember I heard any of them said a simple “sorry”. The money does not worth my time and energy I have put at all. But I will not pay a penny and will take legal action if needed, and let people know this ridiculous but true story.  

0 Likes
Re: Ridiculous charges and Ridiculous customer service
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Ridiculous charges and Ridiculous customer service
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello dewitt_li,

We haven't heard from you and we are closing your private support case due to no reply. Please let us know if you still need help.

Thanks,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes