Robo call: "Vz rec. req. to establish full access..."

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Robo call: "Vz rec. req. to establish full access..."

Message 1 of 5
(2,905 Views)

Hello Folks, I checked the FAQs and did a Support/entire Vz website search, and didn't see this:

Saturday @ 8:57 AM  I got a robo call from Vz stating" Vz has recently received a request to establish full access on My Vz Acct. for this phone #. If you are the customer for this phone #, press 1, if not, press 2".

I don't remember requesting any changes. I can go anywhere, see my bill, etc... before I got this call. Is there anything malicious going on here? Thanks and I apologize if this topic has been covered and I did not find it.    TIA,   Mac

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Robo call: "Vz rec. req. to establish full access..."

Message 2 of 5
(2,891 Views)

@RJMacReady wrote:

Hello Folks, I checked the FAQs and did a Support/entire Vz website search, and didn't see this:

@Saturday @ 8:57 AM  I got a robo call from Vz stating" Vz has recently received a request to establish full access on My Vz Acct. for this phone #. If you are the customer for this phone #, press 1, if not, press 2".

I don't remember requesting any changes. I can go anywhere, see my bill, etc... before I got this call. Is there anything malicious going on here? Thanks and I apologize if this topic has been covered and I did not find it.    TIA,   Mac

Could be a phishing scam or someone trying to get you to do something the want to scam you with. Calls like that I would hang up on and not press anything. Call and speak to Verizon directly. Probably Billing.  If you have caller ID I would note what it displayed, and like you did, note exactly what was said and then call Verizon directly.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(2,853 Views)

On a semi related note, I received an email in my inbox this evening that didn't look like any other email I have ever received from Verizon.  It instructed me to click on a link, which I did not do.  Any advice on whether the email is legit, or what action to take if it is not?  I notice that the posting of the Robo call message is also dated as occurring 2/21/11.  ??

I tried to insert a picture of the email in question, but it isn't allowable in this format.  The email came from Verizon<smtp@verizon.net>.  The subject line simply said, "Urgent Update".  In a large red square, the body of the message said, "Dear Member, please update your billing information.  Visit our secure web form below.  A link was available called "Verizon Billing Center".  Under the red square, it said, "Copyright 1999-2011  Verizon, All Right (no "S" as in "Rights") Reserved.  

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 5
(2,848 Views)

Always ignore messages like that and go straight to the source never click on a link in a message like that if you are unsure. Even if it does look legitimate. Always go to the MyVerizon.com site or call Verizon directly if you are not sure. There is a Contact Us link for Verizon at the bottom of each Verizon web page. Here is a link that references some Articles and various posts.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=Phishing+Scam%27s

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 5 of 5
(2,805 Views)

@prisaz wrote:

@RJMacReady wrote:

@Saturday @ 8:57 AM  I got a robo call from Vz stating" Vz has recently received a request to establish full access on My Vz Acct. for this phone #. If you are the customer for this phone #, press 1, if not, press 2".

Could be a phishing scam or someone trying to get you to do something the want to scam you with. Calls like that I would hang up on and not press anything. Call and speak to Verizon directly. Probably Billing.  If you have caller ID I would note what it displayed, and like you did, note exactly what was said and then call Verizon directly.

http://www22.verizon.com/pages/securityalerts/

there are some faq's on how to handle various situations and protect yourself.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.