Router Return Issue
nyr40x94

Anyone else have this issue when returning an old router after an upgrade?

I was told I was going to be shipped my new router and I will also be sent a return label to ship the old router back.

In the box that the new router came in was a return label.

So I placed the old router in the same box and used that return label to ship the old one back.

(unfortunately I didn't record the tracking # .... I know ... rookie mistake)

A week later I receved a shipping box with a return label in it which was meant for my old router. (the same router I shipped back in the box that the new router came in)

When I received my next bill and saw a $100 charge on it for unreturned equipment I called the "wonderful" Verizon customer service.

I was told that they do not record the tracking numbers on the return labels, that they "just throw random labels in these boxes and they have no way to track the package."

They started an "investigation" on the missing package and I was told to pay my bills minus that $100 charge for the next 3 months as the investigation is a 90 day process.

Here I am 4 months later and nobody is able to help, even though they know where the location is that the returns are sent to as well as the adderess I shipped it from, they have a time frame of when I returned it, but the only thing they do not have is the tracking number.

They have already lost my business for my wireless service and they are now content in losing my business over a $100 equipment charge that is a result of their faulty returns process.

I know I can't be the only one who has ever used the box and label from the new router to ship the old one back. And yet they still do not have a process in place to resolve this issue.

Well .... a phone call to Optimum is my next step to see what they will offer me to break my contract with Verizon and return to them.

For years it's been known industry wide that Verizon's customer service was the area they needed to improve upon most. Yet here we are in 2015 with customers still having the same complaints. Explains why, even with superior technology, they haven't been able to run away from the competition as they should have.

An unhappy customer equals a former customer.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Router Return Issue
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi nyr40x94,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Router Return Issue
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi nyr40x94,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes