SO.... Do the sales representatives FLAT OUT LIE!!!!!! Worst Kind of Bait & Switch!!!
Nel3

Apparently there is no recourse when a telephone sales representative quotes a rate that billing refuses to honor  --  even when the customer has a record of the name of the rep and the date & time of the quote.   I also had the sales rep repeat the quoted per month rate 4 times

My bill is double the quoted rate. In a post on this forum regarding this issue, I was offerred assistance by the social media escalation team.  He connected me with a billing representative from the executive team.  After I spoke with the billing representative and was told the quote would not be honored, here is the reply from the social media rep.

"There is nothing that can be done if they said they can't honor that rate. I am sorry they were not able to go down that far."

{edited for privacy}

Social Media Escalations

My question is do the sales reps lie to get the sale or is the connection between sales and billing for new customers completely broken?  What is the bottom line?  Who fixes these issues?   Nonetheless, the customer is the one that ends up paying more out of their skimpy monthly budget.   

In my case, I will continue to pay the quoted rate and they can take their services whenever they want. Unfortunately this route is not fun.  I will be disputing charges for years.....  that is, unless they want to pull up the recording.  HAHAHAHA  we all know that is a joke. 

Nel

0 Likes
Re: SO.... Do the sales representatives FLAT OUT LIE!!!!!! Worst Kind of Bait & Switch!!!
kathyabeck

I am going thru the exact same issue but have not dealt with the Social Media people yet. I am researching how to file complaint with bbb and/or FCC.

0 Likes
Re: SO.... Do the sales representatives FLAT OUT LIE!!!!!! Worst Kind of Bait & Switch!!!
ret2000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Get Legal Shield!

0 Likes
SanJuanSaint

Hey, I was SCAMMED the same way.  Was quoted a rate for New FIOS Internet service and have been billed at a higher rate.

Of course all the rude customer dis-service reps disavow any knowledge of the quoted rate.

0 Likes
Tonka2

Dear Sirs,

I must add my voice to the multitude. I spoke with a verizon representative on the phone and accepted a deal for verizon FIOS internet 50/25 for $49.99/month. When the technition arrived he thought I had aggreed to 15/5 for $60/month! So its back on the phone to renegotiate my service contract, halfway through the install! This is the kind of thing that makes me not want to do bussiness with you at any price. I was told I had received an email with the details of the deal. I have received none. I am now told that I will be charged $60/month, but that a $10 manual credit would be applied. Ok, I'll bite, but this had better be correct or I am back to Comcast.

Sincerely,

Eric Repasy

0 Likes
Auntiesam

I have had the same experience, now my bill is double, What agency can we file a complaint with?

0 Likes
Auntiesam

I tried getting the old rate back, but now, 4 days later, it is not available.  Is this their new sales model?  

Customer get quoted reasonable rates.

Then they are told to add this servide, and you will get an evern better deal ( they neglect to metion all these set up fees

Before you know it, you the customer have agreed to a higher rate and fees you were not informed of .

When you ask for a copy of the recording, Noone has access to those recordings and not all calls are recorded.

We need to find a better way!

0 Likes