STB inconsistencies showing up
knc1

There have been several cases with the STBs shown on my account not accurate. For example I once was getting charged for VOD bills on a STB that I sent back years ago, but was somehow associated with my account so when the new user purchased VOD, I received the bills. I think they have fixed this, but the STB still shows up on my account. Now recently I replaced a QIP 7200, but when I got the STB and started to activiate it online a completely different DVR STB shows up with a different serial number than what I have. I called support and they manually activiated my replacement, but I still get pop ups saying I have a DVR to activiate, and my old one still shows listed on my equipment. There is obviosly an accounting issue with the STB serial number tracking and I am concerned yet again I will be getting VOD bills when my old STB is reassigned to someone else.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: STB inconsistencies showing up
nichtmehr
Enthusiast - Level 2

After I cancelled my TV service and returned all STBs to a Verizon store, I saw that I got two other STBs listed on my account. Well, what do you do in this case? Right, make that dreaded call to Verizon "support". After being kicked around between all kinds of reps and departments, I was finally told that those STBs belonged to someone else and they couldn't tell why they showed up.

0 Likes