STD 2500-3 cable box and HD stations,
SeanMcPartlin
Enthusiast - Level 2
I had a "free for life of account" std box for the last 21 months.

Well it died a little while ago (spare bedroom so I don't know when).
A new box showed up and I installed it but that when I learned my old box was "special."
See the old box would tune HD stations, it would not show them in HD it simply down converted the HD signal. It would also play. HD recorded stuff from the whole house DVR.

Well Verizon has told me,,,, tough,, your basically **bleep**, meanwhile I'm just kinda **bleep** so I don't have anything else to say.

So my question is: anyone else have a STD box that can tune HD stations?
0 Likes
Re: STD 2500-3 cable box and HD stations,
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Never heard of a STD box that could do HD channels from Verizon.  Are you sure it was a SD box before?  THe HD boxes do what you are asking about.

0 Likes
SeanMcPartlin
Enthusiast - Level 2
Well it's the same model, and it does not have HDMI outputs so I think its safe to say its a STD box.

Tech support said this was possible, something to do with a N card I think they said. Basically it was a fluke they said.
0 Likes
SeanMcPartlin
Enthusiast - Level 2
Verizon has said tough there is nothing they can do. They actually don't want to support any std def boxes anymore.

I found out that the 2500 is MoCA ver 1 so it limits the number of MoCA devices to maybe 6? So that's not good for me and my future plans to expand network drops via MoCA to Ethernet adapters. However I still am **bleep** about the "free for life" claim... I may unplug the unit till when it is needed. I don't use sling box much anymore and the old StD box was what i used it for the most.

I wish they would just give me a free HD box but greedy Verizon can't do that.
0 Likes