Scammed by Verizon!
Collielover96
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am absolutely appalled at what happened to us when we just wanted an additional  set top box for an additional TV in the basement.  Unfortunately, at the same time we called for the additional box, our 2 yr contract was expiring is a few days.   My hard of hearing husband was talked into renewing.  The Verizon representative on the phone convinced him that we would only be paying for the additional set top box if we accepted a new 2 yr contract - that we would have the same QUAD bundle and renewing would protect us from price increases.  Well, now we have  'triple play' with digital voice (whatever that is!) and the bill is nearly $100 more!!!!!!!!!!!!! (tech service charges are not included!) This new bill with a new account number was sent just a week after my last bill was paid in full and they show a charge for 'carry over from last bill' of almost $70.  And I cannot even talk about our Verizon cell phone cost. I am so disgusted I have no idea what we are going to do.  One thing for sure, I am not going to continue to pay this much.  There are much better deals out there.  Since we cannot do without our TV and internet service, we will have to be careful because Verizon has us in a touchy place.  I don't care about the cancellation fees - I will find better and more reasonable services!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Scammed by Verizon!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you contacted the billing department through one of these options?

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
Re: Scammed by Verizon!
dialtech
Enthusiast - Level 2
It seems as if Verizon is doing everything they can to **bleep** off their long time customers. We too renewed our 2 year plan and was then charged an additional $45.51 as a service charge for re-newing Tried to fix this via telephone but everyone at Verizon is brain dead! Now I have sent all the documents to B B B and consumer frauds. I suggest you all do the same..