Scammed into renewing contract
Angrycustomer31

If you are reading this and thinking about switching to verizon DON'T. I called last month to simply move my service from one address to another. I did not want to make any changes and I made it very clear to the agent,mike, that I did not want to renew my contract. He explained that to move my service I would have to compete an online form- he sent me a link and guided me step by step on what to do while we were on the phone. He told me that I could not keep my current internet speed bc they didn't offer it anymore but assured me that my bill would not change. (That was all a lie I'll find out later) so, I get my bill this month and discover it is WAY more money-confused I call in and after THREE hours( transferred, talking to rude agents, re explaining things over and over) I find out that my contract was renewed hence the more expensive price. What?!?! Apparently that is what mike emailed me the link to- it had nothing to do with moving my service to a new address. So I ask to be transferred to a manager-that takes another couple of hours and waiting for call

backs. L-O-N-G story short a supervisor, Maria, hears my lengthy story and explains that she cannot cancel the contract but she will honor the bundle price that I had previously been signed up for. She explains that she will need to call me back in a few hours when her supervisor gets in to finalize it. Never get a call back. So I call back a few days later and talk to another superviser,ms. Ward, who tells me that absolutely cannot be done. She also says that Maria did not put our conversation into my account notes. I ask to speak with Maria directly and am told that is impossible. ? Huh? You have her representative number, why can't I (or you) contact her? Ok, I say, well my conversation with Maria was recorded, so you can hear that she promised me my old contract price. Ms. Ward says that's impossible to listen to the recording. I cannot put into words how frustrated I am. I have never been duped/scammed like this before. Verizon's customer service isn't absolutely appalling and I believe what happened to me is most likely illegal- but what can I do about it? My only option is Tom pay over $300 to cancel the contract THAT I NEVER WANTED. 

0 Likes
Re: Scammed into renewing contract
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Angrycustomer3,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes