Scammed/ripped off by entering new contract.
C17chief

So yesterday I renewed a Double Play bundle with Extreme HD + 20/5 internet for $89.99/mo for the full 24 months as shown here at the final confirmation screen:

When I got the email...suddenly the price went up $5 and some mysterious $28 one time charge appeared (why would there be a one time charge when NOTHING has changed service wise except entering a new contract?) as shown here:

Fast forward one day, check the account to see if the order was complete...it was...and what do you know, it's even higher!

What on earth is going on! I am not the least bit thrilled about all this. If this is not fixed VERY soon, complaints will be lodged with BBB and such and I will cancel service. The way I see it is they are basicly helping themselves to stealing an extra $300 from me (24mos X +$12)!

And speaking of such...what is the normal time frame this contract can be ditched without ETF? Some areas of the site say 30 days and some say 15 days. I say normal since in my eyes, this contract is NOT what I agreed and clicked submit order to, thus NOT valid.

0 Likes
Re: Scammed/ripped off by entering new contract.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi C17chief,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes