Switch Account

Schedule Payment In Advance, Got Confirmation # VERIZON still says I'm Past Due & Get a late fee?

Schedule Payment In Advance, Got Confirmation # VERIZON still says I'm Past Due & Get a late fee?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 1 of 2
(1,312 Views)

On 2 Nov 12 I went online, as I do every month, and scheduled my verizon bill payment for 22 Nov 12, the due date.  I got a confirmation number at the end.  I double checked a few days later, as I always do, and the bill pay history showed the bill scheduled for payment on the 22Nov12 just as I set it up.  Today, Monday, 26 Nov 12 I checked my balance with my bank, and the money was not deducted by Verizon.  I went online and the bill is shown "PAST DUE PAY NOW".  Whooooa.  NOT correct.  I call Verizon, and customer service says pay again and get the late charge fee and my record will show I payed late.  In over 40 years of bill paying, I've NEVER paid any bill late, ever.  When I was younger, and poorer, I went without eating a few meals to never be late on an honest debt.  I expect VERIZON to fix this.  I want them to deduct my money, using my confirmation number, and clear my record to show the bill was paid on time.  I refuse to "pay my bill" a second time, and get a record I paid late.  Not happening.  Verizon has a confirmation number, I gave it to them again, they can use it to debit my bank.  But I will not accept a LATE FEE or a record of LATE PAYMENT because the VERIZON system was faulty.  Their fault, their problem, not mine.  

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Schedule Payment In Advance, Got Confirmation # VERIZON still says I'm Past Due & Get a late

Message 2 of 2
(1,142 Views)

Since we haven't heard back from you, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.