Schedule Payment In Advance, Got Confirmation # VERIZON still says I'm Past Due & Get a late fee?
FMTexas

On 2 Nov 12 I went online, as I do every month, and scheduled my verizon bill payment for 22 Nov 12, the due date.  I got a confirmation number at the end.  I double checked a few days later, as I always do, and the bill pay history showed the bill scheduled for payment on the 22Nov12 just as I set it up.  Today, Monday, 26 Nov 12 I checked my balance with my bank, and the money was not deducted by Verizon.  I went online and the bill is shown "PAST DUE PAY NOW".  Whooooa.  NOT correct.  I call Verizon, and customer service says pay again and get the late charge fee and my record will show I payed late.  In over 40 years of bill paying, I've NEVER paid any bill late, ever.  When I was younger, and poorer, I went without eating a few meals to never be late on an honest debt.  I expect VERIZON to fix this.  I want them to deduct my money, using my confirmation number, and clear my record to show the bill was paid on time.  I refuse to "pay my bill" a second time, and get a record I paid late.  Not happening.  Verizon has a confirmation number, I gave it to them again, they can use it to debit my bank.  But I will not accept a LATE FEE or a record of LATE PAYMENT because the VERIZON system was faulty.  Their fault, their problem, not mine.  

0 Likes
Re: Schedule Payment In Advance, Got Confirmation # VERIZON still says I'm Past Due & Get a late
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes