Security Deposit Charged Twice, Can't Get Refunded
bradnyk841

I recently signed up for Verizon service.  I did not want to do the credit check, so opted to pay a $250 security deposit instead.  The first time I tried with a Visa, and it said the order did not go through.  So I went back to the homepage and tried a second time.  This time I tried with a Discover card, and it said it went through.

However, both cards ended up being charged, and I have now paid $500 in security deposits.

I've spoken to 4 or 5 people at the 1-800 number but nobody seems to know how to give me a refund for one of these charged.  They keep transfering me to other departments and nobody knows what to do.  PLEASE HELP ME!

0 Likes
Re: Security Deposit Charged Twice, Can't Get Refunded
jonjones1
Legend

Call your card of choice visa or discover and initiate a dispute for that amount and request a charge back. You will need to show that the charge was taken out after it was paid via the other one. You can copy the online transaction screen showing Verizon and the same amount.

when you dispute it with either card tell them exactly what transpired and that you want it credited back to your credit line.

its really very easy to do. The credit card companies must work for you in the dispute.

and part of that is Verizon must PROVE it was owed and paid and why.

0 Likes
Re: Security Deposit Charged Twice, Can't Get Refunded
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi bradnyk84,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes