Switch Account

Security Deposit Refund for a closed account

Security Deposit Refund for a closed account

Contributor hazelc
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎05-22-2017
Message 1 of 2



I transferred my account under my husband's name after getting married almost a year ago and closed my account (but did not change the number). I recently got an email from Verizon (3 weeks ago) shows my billing summary, which is negative. Thus I assume that it is my security deposit refund. However I haven't got a check yet. Do I need to call somebody to request check, because even if it is a disconneceted account  it seems like Verizon just gave me a credit equals to my security deposit amount. I tried to call Customer Service but couldn't reach a person.  Thanks in advance!

Moderator Moderator
Posts: 9,299
Registered: ‎03-18-2013
Message 2 of 2

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

How-To Videos
The following videos were produced by users like you!
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.