Service outage ~ Customer Service Rude ~ Workman in my yard
Jenks1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Last evening I came home to find Verizon workers in my backyard cutting branches out of the tree that is directly over my shed.  I asked and they advised there was a large outage and they needed access to a box that was in between me and my back neighbor. 

This morning I had no TV, Internet or Phone service.  I used the Verizon Live Chat to find out when I could expect service and when someone would be out to clean up after the men. 'Glen' advised me that it was a large outage and the ETA is this evening.  He went on to advise that Verizon does not clean up after themselves ... It is my responsibility ... WHAT???

1st, your service people entered my yard without permission. 

2nd, I have no service and neither does my elderly aunt who lives next door

3rd, Your customer service representative Glen advised that I would have a return call from a manager within the hour and all I get is a text that advises me a ticket has been opened and that I can expect a resolution by Monday the 25th at 5pm

4th, You expect me to clean up after your people?

Until today, I have had great customer service and recommended to everyone that asked to go with your service. 

0 Likes
Re: Service outage ~ Customer Service Rude ~ Workman in my yard
Jenks1
Enthusiast - Level 1
Verizon came through! When I got home last evening there was a gentleman from Verizon waiting. Seems the contractors that were out the night before cutting my trees accidentally cut the line to my house. The Verizon representative was embarrassed by what they had done and made sure everything was taken care of and in working order.