Switch Account

Shockingly Poor Customer Service

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Shockingly Poor Customer Service

Message 1 of 2
(502 Views)

I just had a surprising customer service experience.  I am a bundle customer, which means that I purchase internet, phone, TV, and wireless all in one bundle, for about $400 a month.  I previously agreed to an electronic bill to be sent to my Verizon e-mail account.  Once it arrives each month, I pay it electronically.  Verizon did not send me a January monthly e-mail bill.  I found the error in February and called Verizon.  After talking to them, I paid everything except the $5.85 late fee and changed from electronic billing to paper, to make sure I would always get a bill.  The customer service rep said that this late fee would be removed.

When this month's bill came, the late fee was not removed.  I called the 1-800 number to correct Verizon's error.  During the conversation, the represnetative told me that th late fee was $5, not $5.85.  I explained to him that he was wrong and the bill, which I had in front of me, said it was $5.85.  He would not remove the $5.85 late fee, insisting that the late fee was not the full $5.85.  While it is only $0.85, the fact that he was wrong, compounded by the numerous other customer service issues I have been experiencing from Verizon, I was not going to let it go.  I asked to speak to his supervisor.  He asked me why.  I explained it to him again.  When I asked to speak to his supervisor again, he repeated the question of why.  At this point, I did not repeat the answer, instead, I repeated the request.  After going back and forth for a few minutes of this, the representative finally told me he would put me through to his supervisor, but informed me that the wait would be long.  After about 10 minutes, I was forwarded to a ringing phone, where noone picked up.  I let it ring for about 3 minutes before hanging up.

Clearly Verizon has made a business decision to try to cut costs on customer service, knowing that switching service for many is a difficult thing to do.  I would strongly recommend to others before they choose a phone, internet, or TV service to consider the customer service aspect.  Once you have signed up for Verizon, you are locked into the poor customer service.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Shockingly Poor Customer Service

Message 2 of 2
(479 Views)

I agree, Customer service with Verizon is absolutely the worst experience in all of TV/Cable/internet. Hours on the phone with little success of help even when you do get a live person. I have been waiting for a customer service rep for about 2 hours on a Sunday when it clearly says on the Verizon website that there are reps available 7 days a week until 10 o'clock. I just ordered an upgraded 500GB DVR STB and after days of trying to connect it and numerous calls to customer support both online and on the phone I could not get the new STB to activate. They gave up and sent me a replacement only to get the same error messages again with the new box. I spent most of my Sunday afternoon trying to get someone either on the phone or through LIVE chat online to help but it is futile and I am about to call it a day with Verizon. Not my first disappointment with Verizon Customer service either. Love the Fios service but HATE customer support. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.