Should I go with Fios or cancel order? *Happy New Year*
Sam__Hain1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm very torn about if I should get Fios or not.  I hear many great things about the service, but many negative things about the billing and customer service.  My first hand experience with the majority of reps is that they are fairly nice, but misinformed and do not keep promises about calling you back.

One hand I'm leary because I was quoted many different prices for the same plan, they are unable to resolve my problem with not being able to order Fios online and therefore forcing me to order by phone *(which entails a higher price), people said they would call back and never did.  Lastly, I'm concerned with billing errors, csr and getting an old outdated box instead of a newer one.

On the upside - I've heard many great things about the internet, and tv.

*The price online is 119.99.  When I called they informed me that the speed of 50/20 is not available by me.  I can get the 150/35.

So MY Fios triple play = 159.99.....Online it's 119.99, but I can't order that one and no one has been able to or wants to resolve this issue...I think I can see why

Thanks for listening!!!  

p.s.  Not being able to get online ordering resolved is what really gets me the most..I feel as if they won't resolve it just so I have to pay more money.

Re: Should I go with Fios or cancel order? *Happy New Year*
tns
Master - Level 2

?Why can't you order online?  As you mentioned it is usally cheaper that way.

0 Likes
MariaP2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go order online but print all your transaction because they don't have a record to prove what you get online. The billing dep't will charge you their regular promotion, and if you just upgrade they will charge you for partial month and you're responsible to fax your online order to investigate your case. The agent told me that someone will call me back next week after I fax mine. UNBELIEVABLE that they don't have a record of what you order online as far as the price is concerned. Its a lot of hussles to customers.

0 Likes
Sam__Hain1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whenever I enter in my phone number (already have phone service through Verizon) or my login and check for availability of Fios at my address I get the message to call 1 800  VERIZON.  I know it's available in my area because I have an appointment for this coming Wednesday.  However, being able to order the cheaper prices online is not available to me and no one on the phone will honor the online prices.

It is amazing that you would have to print out the online transactions to keep records of the pricing.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

When you call them don't order.  Just get them to confirm that Verizon is available and make sure they update their database.  Then you should be able to order online.

TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Sam__Hain1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey, 

I sent you the area I'm located in and the package I'd like early this morning.  Let me know if you need anything else; phone number, address, home phone, etc..

Thanks so much!!

0 Likes
HappyCustomer1
Enthusiast - Level 1

CANCEL!

I was a DSL customer for 3 years until I kept losing my internet connectivity on my modem. The Verizon tech found nothing wrong, of course, and told me Verizon is "pushing" DSL users to fios since they are cutting back the upgrades for DSL.

I ordered FIOS on 12/10/2011 - I wanted the phone and internet package installed. The first sales rep "thought" she had my order set up for the following week. My home phone was disconnected and no Verizon Tech showed up that day of installation. The Sales Rep made an error on my work order. I found this out after 15 phone calls - I am Not making this up. You can call 15 times and get 15 different people in 15 states who know nothing of your account. I wanted the FIOS installed the next day since it was Verizon's fault why the Tech never showed. They said No Can Do ---- I cancelled my fios and didn't have a home phone for over three weeks until I went back with AT&T (I got a human being who resolved my problem at AT&T in 10 minutes!).

I am a 59 year old "Old Schooler" who still thinks that GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE is as important as the Product any company has to sell. Verizon's lack of personal attention to their customers because they are a 6 billion dollar a year telecommunication monolith is no excuse.

Since my home was already cable ready with Xfinity T.V. I chose to change to Xfinity and am very happy with both their Customer Service and Product.

No big company is perfect but Xfinity has tried to improve their customer satisfaction better than Verizon.

p.s. It takes 60 days for Verizon to cancel their Internet Service and they will continue to bill your account in full until you make that 16th call to a Customer Service Center somewhere in the U.S.

0 Likes
Poorfellow
Enthusiast - Level 3

To the original poster:

Based on my own experience in other locations with FiOS, you won't be disappointed.  There simply is no equivalent product, unless deployed by a municipal entity, in the United States.  You will always attain your purchased speed for internet, and you'll still be receiving Bell-quality telephone service should you subscribe to a traditional landline service (non Digital Voice).  Having the best possible residential bandwidth in the nation, while also having five nines telephone service is hard to beat.  As far as billing, I've experienced errors, but only on my rather esoteric Centrex business account -- never residential.

To HappyCustomer:

I don't have DSL on my residential account, but I do have it on my Business account (7.1/768).  I couldn't be happier with the support I've received.  Granted, the folks I speak to are sometimes from a different group than residential, but I can vouch for the quality of the service itself.  The folks listened to me and we discussed line specs when moving to my 7.1 profile from 3 Mbps service, as well as moving me to a non-interleaved service.  My line has *always* been stable and reliable, and I'm in an area with marginal copper, due to poor access to facilities (Brooklyn, NY -- lots of locked back'yards' where the F2 plant lives).

I hope this helps!

Trailhead
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sam_Hain,

I don't think that FiOS internet, especially 25/25 and higher transfer rates, can be beaten.  TV is not any different than other cable providers.  I had Cox Communications before trying FiOS.  There also isn't a differnence in telephone quality.

Really, only the internet is notably of higher quality.

That being said, Verizon customer service is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE.  You will, without doubt in my mind, end up paying more than you are quoted.  Any and every attempt on your part to get questions answered and resolve discrepancies in your billing will result in failure, and you will be accountable for paying whatever Verizon bills you.

I had a Triple Play plan for two years, and recently renewed it in December.  My first bill was over $75.00 more than anticipated, and this was in monthly charges that I would be accountable to pay for the next 24 months.  I spent three days talking to multiple representives and a supervisor without ever getting an explanation regarding the difference.

Ultimately, all I can determine is that I was lied to.  Either the sales rep lied about the equipment rental prices (you will need a 'box' for every tv, if you didn't already know this), and the promotional offer that I accepted, or the customer service reps in the billing department are denying that the promotional offer ever existed.  I will never know for sure.  The only thing I am certain of is that I was not going to get FiOS Triple Play for the price provided when I accepted the contract.

I cancelled my FiOS Triple Play service, and, instead I started a FiOS internet-only contract.  I'll get my TV channels iwith the combination of an antenna for network channels and with a device (i.e. Roku) to get Netflix, Hulu/Hulu Plus access for other programs I like to watch.  It will save me nearly $100 per month.

My advice:  Choose wisely when considering FiOS.  It is not pain-free.  In fact, it can be excrutiating.