Shut it down
rukidding2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been trying to pay my bill online for several billing cycles and the website routinely hangs up.  It is by far the worst website I have ever used.  To make matters worse, since I am a "paperless billing" customer, I don't have paper copies of my bill with information necessary for me to pay by phone.  When I call the 611 number, I'm left to wait for extended periods of time and the representatives continuously apologize for the poor service but are unable to assist me in paying my bill.  I was able to request a that the paperless billing be stopped and return to a paper bill and handwritten checks but this will take one or two billing cycles.  In the meantime, I'm unable to pay the bill.  Catch 22 which by the way is the webaddress that continues to misfire (22verizon.com).  What a coincidence.  Verzion is worse than ATT and the DMV.  I'm look for other providers.  Good luck Verizon and good bye at my first opportunity.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Shut it down
rukidding2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't believe it and I can't explain it but I went back for about the 20th time to attempt to pay my bill and low and behold it worked.  Problem is you can't depend on it and it's not worth the frustration of the attempts.  I'm going back to a paper bill for Verizon until I select another provider.  Don't have this problem with any other sites.

0 Likes
Re: Shut it down - Simplify and Use AutoPay
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

rukidding wrote:

... I went back for about the 20th time to attempt to pay my bill and low and behold it worked.  Problem is you can't depend on it and it's not worth the frustration of the attempts ...

Couldn't agree more, and that's why I use VZ AutoPay.  Haven't had to worry about paying my VZ bills since I instituted the service, and I still get paper bills to check on monthly charges.  I just don't quite understand why other subscribers don't let VZ worry about the details involved in collecting their money.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@armond_in_nj wrote:

@rukidding wrote:

... I went back for about the 20th time to attempt to pay my bill and low and behold it worked.  Problem is you can't depend on it and it's not worth the frustration of the attempts ...

Couldn't agree more, and that's why I use VZ AutoPay.  Haven't had to worry about paying my VZ bills since I instituted the service, and I still get paper bills to check on monthly charges.  I just don't quite understand why other subscribers don't let VZ worry about the details involved in collecting their money.

And I take the opposite view, I simply do not believe in giving organizations access to my bank account automatically every month for whatever amount they choose. Smiley Very Happy Yes, I know I can almost certainly get it fixed eventually, but I don't want the aggrevation. So my way with Verizon (and every other company) is:

1) Get a paper bill, open it when it comes and verify it looks correct. 

2) Put it in a holder on my desk until 5 days or so before it is due (I have a paper checklist that I create for an entire year containing the names and due dates and columns to check off each month when paid).

3) When due, visit the Verizon site and pay the bill using the one-time option with an electronic check. Has worked without failure for over 4 years now, including less than two weeks ago on the new site.

4) Write the confirmation number on the Verizon bill and print the payment confirmation webpage to a PDF and save it on my hard drive.

I know, I am paranoid, but on the other hand I have not had a single payment failure or incorrect bill during the entire time I have been doing this way. And if there is an error in the future, I believe I have enough documentation to get it fixed quickly (at least I hope I do).

Just my old fashioned way of doing things I guess....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Justin wrote:

@armond_in_nj wrote:
 ... I use VZ AutoPay.  Haven't had to worry about paying my VZ bills since I instituted the service, and I still get paper bills to check on monthly charges ...
 ... I simply do not believe in giving organizations access to my bank account automatically every month for whatever amount they choose.. I know, I am paranoid, but on the other hand I have not had a single payment failure or incorrect bill during the entire time I have been doing this way ...
Of course even paranoid folks have enemies (smile).   I know that from experience.  However you and I have arrived at the same location (i.e., no payment failures and no incorrect invoices) with perhaps less effort on my part.  Mind you, I don't put bank account info up on the VZ site, but instead use a specific credit card that's designated for online payments.  Still ...
0 Likes
Re: Shut it down
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

rukidding,

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes