Sick of the hidden and unexplainable charges!
myevo

Long story short I originally had a triple play for one year (no contract) with a multi-room DVR and some discounted price for HBO/Cinemax. I went to renew online and sign up for a 2 year contract....for the same speed I had it was to be $99 / month for a year then $124/ month after that. I was fine with that.....except in that online there was no place I could confirm that I would still have my dvr and in addition I also cancelled my hbo service. 

I then did a live chat where I asked the customer rep. if my DVR would still be in tact for that price, she said yes, the only thing that would change is that my HBO would be cancelled, which is exactly what I wanted....

So imagine my astonishment when I opened up an email an hour later stating that my estimated pricing would be $ 170/ month!  This price included the HBO (which I cancelled) and the Multi-room DVR (which I was told by the rep would not raise that rate listed)

So I went on to another live customer rep, Tawana, or something like that. I asked her to cancel my multiroom DVR and just give me my DVR downstairs.....holy **bleep** what a process, she goes on trying to explain the differences to me....but after an hour got no where. She explained that verizon offers there HD service at "no charge", yet in order for any tv to work with their service, you need an "HD top set box" which is $ 11.99 / month.....so it's not free, what {word filter avoidance} **bleep**....and when I kept bringing that up to her, in her own words she would avoid the question/comment and reiterate that it was free....I'm so over verizon, it's a  {word filter avoidance} battle all the time...and the best part, at the end when I went to fill out the survey to leave my comments...it did not work and said it was unable to process it....big {word filter avoidance}surprise....if I could switch to another company I would, unfortunately it's the only one offered besides Direct TV, whos customer service was much better, but everytime there was a storm I would lose signal. Thanks for nothing verizon, piece of **bleep** company.  /rant

0 Likes
Re: Sick of the hidden and unexplainable charges!
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes