Signed a two year contract, but lasted just two months, who is going to help?
Jp07920

Last July, I moved to a new address. For internet, I could get either Fios or Optimum from Cablevision at the new address. I had received good service from Fios, so I called Verizon Fios first, and talked with a representative. After some discussion, I was assured that I would get a new two-year contract of FIO service, and that I will pay monthly $29.99 after all discount.

I get an email confirmation with subject as “A preview of your order”, in the email, it clearly listed below:

Services and Discounts Monthly Amount

New Fios Internet 25/25 $74.99

New 24 Mo. Internet Contract Discount $5.00

New Fios Internet 24 Mo. Credit $40.00

Estimated Monthly Subtotal $29.99

Taxes, Fees and Other Verizon Charges $0.00

Estimated Monthly Charges $29.99

Based on this email that I had no doubt that I was getting  a new two year contract.

Follow this email, I got another email, as review of order, only difference is that there is no “New” in front of the line of “Fios Internet 25/25”, and “24 Mo. Internet Contract Discount”. But I am not a lawyer, and based on my talk with the representative, I had no doubt that there was no change from the preview of order to this final order.

After two months paying $29.29, I signed up paperless, and setup auto payment with my credit card, and never paid attention what Verizon charged me after that. But to my surprise, I just realized recently that Verizon has been charging me $74.99 since September!

I called billing support, and getting no help, and was told my contract was an extension of my old contract and which expired in September 2016. This is just ridiculous, I was clearly told I was getting a new two-year contract, why would I extend my old contract for just two months, with that amount of payment I could get Double Play or Triple  Play! And there is no mention that my service at my new address is an extension of my old contract in the email I got about my order!

I couldn’t find an email address of Verizon to file a formal complain about this, and I don’t want to waste my time over the phone again and get nowhere.

I know that Verizon won't purposely trick people for this, but there is something wrong.

Hope people here could help.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Signed a two year contract, but lasted just two months, who is going to help?
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jp07920,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes