So far having a bad experience with FiOs
TheBuzzyBee
Anyone have a bad experience with FiOs? We're having a really crappy experience right now with FiOs and their service.

Here's our story:

My husband and I just moved into a new apartment (our 1st apt) and decided to get FiOs. I tried ordering online at night around 11pm (3 weeks ago) and there was an error page so I assumed they were doing some update on their website or something. Next evening my husband tries and same thing pops up. So we call the number that popped up for us to call to order. After pressing numerous number buttons for maybe what felt like half an hour we FINALLY got a real person!

We asked for what plans were available for the triple play for different Internet speeds. We know that there was a $300 gift card offer for the Triple Play but we wanted to know how much different Internet speeds with tv plan costed. Surprisingly the person on the phone didn't know much more than what we knew. Every time we asked he would say hold on let me check for you, and he would take 5 minutes to look up the price. And even more surprising was a 5/15 Internet speed with Prime HD cost was $84.99!! We asked him to double check the pricing because that wasn't what we saw online. And he still gave us that price. So we told him, I see online the price is different; and he tells us that Internet ordering price differs from offering on the phone. WOW!!!!!! So we explained to him that we was originally planning to order online but the website didn't let us! It kept giving us an error page. I swear, we had to explain the same thing over to him maybe 10 times to get him to understand.

Long story short, we spent possibly 2 hours on the phone trying to order our FiOs! And the appointment date was 2 weeks away from the order date!

After waiting a treacherous long 2 weeks with out TV or Internet the date for our FiOs installation came! I'm a new mom, so I had my mother come over to help watch over my daughter (who's 6 weeks old) while the technician installs the FiOs. My appointment time was 11am and at 11:17am I receive an email saying that I wasn't home! I was home the whole time!! So I call the number on the email and tell them I was home the whole time! And then I notice they had my address wrong!!! I'm t apt. 4D and they had apt. 4B! The person who placed our order put in the wrong address even though I recall speaking our apartment number "D like DAVID". The technician dispatcher on the phone corrected the address and told me that a technician would come the same day to install our FiOs before 5pm.

Alright..so they came at 3pm setting stuff up. And then the technician hit an end. He wasn't getting any "light" from the wiring. Which meant, NO SERVICE!!! He called his boss and continued installing inside my apartment. And told me he tried to get someone to come in to fix the signal problem, and if they don't come by 6pm, then they would come tomorrow; which was a Saturday.

So, Saturday morning I called and asked what time to expect that 'someone' to come. And the technician dispatcher calls me back and tells me MONDAY! Because the construction team needed to fix the problem is not available.
Monday: receive a call saying that the construction team finished fixing the signal problem. But I would have to wait until tomorrow (Tuesday) for yet another technician to come in to finish the installation.

So far having the worse experience possible with FiOs!!!

This installation issue taking 4 days to do could've all been avoided if the sales rep on the phone who placed our order put the correct address in the first place!!! This way when the technician would come to my apartment in the morning and notice the problem, so the construction people can fix the problem in the afternoon and at night I would have everything done!

Such a pain!

Anyone having a bad experience so far with their FiOs?
0 Likes
Re: So far having a bad experience with FiOs
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: So far having a bad experience with FiOs
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Due to no response, we are closing your private support case. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes