So much for Customer Loyalty
csdfl
Enthusiast - Level 1
Verizon has it all wrong, and they will find this out the hard way as they experience widespread loss of the customers who helped build the popularity of Fios. Sure you need to attract new customers, but you also need to retain these customers once they are no longer new. Verizon is offering the moon to new customers- $89 Triple Play, free services and equipment plus a $200 pre paid Visa card...as a Fios customer who was one of the first in the neighborhood to take a chance in 2005, I get an "upgrade" from $99 to $109 for the same services with no bonus or freebies. Impressive upgrade. Each Verizon rep I have talked with has the same canned response to my request to keep my bill at $99, still $10 more than the new customer deal...."we can offer you an upgrade to our new triple play bundle" for $10 more, and when I ask what I get for the new price, I am told that my bundled package is no longer available...in other words, nothing.
I'm looking to make a switch to either Brighthouse or Dish Network, who have some good deals going on, and when I was with them, they practiced this old fashioned thing called "customer service" responding generously to my concerns over escalating prices. I'm only sorry I didn't repay their loyalty by staying with them. Here's my chance.
Re: So much for Customer Loyalty
TiTron
Enthusiast - Level 2

I totally agreed with you. I've experienced the same. DirectTV was like that before too and when I quitted, they kept begging "to come back..." I'll go with MagicJack Plus for my phone, cable for TV, and still look around for Internet... Or one can cancel and comes back in 3 months with new customers' deals as I was told by the rep. Let's see, they have to pay for installation all over again and unhappy customer... oh well...