Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Stop Payment to Prevent Overdraft

SkyDER
Contributor
Contributor

Stop Payment to Prevent Overdraft

Message 1 of 2
(516 Views)

I realized I did not have the money in my Valley bank account so after I made the payment to FIOS online, I hit the cancel payment and it still said processing and then I got both a text and online message thanking me for my payment, and now I am going to get an overdraft fee of $36.00.   This is complete fraud.   I had a long chat with someone online without any resolve and they told me to call on monday.  If verizon does not pay my overdraft fee I will have to close my account.  If they let me because they told me I had an account  which I never signed in for.  

1 REPLY 1
jonjones
Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I

Re: Stop Payment to Prevent Overdraft

Message 2 of 2
(505 Views)

Unfortunately you are blaming verizon fios for a problem you created. Although you caught the situation in many cases the automatic payments system cannot cancel it that quickly. 

I know that companies get your money faster than they refund it. I often wondered why but I guess it depends on who or what they use to process any payments.

verifying you have the funds is what you should have done. If payment was made in such a manner to avoid termination of services or to keep verizon at bay while you cover the amount it was a bad gamble.

terminating your service may incur a early termination fees or worse. So use caution before you make such a decision.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.