Stop payment that was made with card today
Jmirles1

Hi, I am trying to cancel a payment I made today. I used the wrong card that was stored in my account so I need to cancel and repay it with the right card. There is no "cancel payment" button yet and it is listed as "processing". Is there a way to cancel my payment before it goes through on the wrong card? Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Stop payment that was made with card today
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
really_ticked
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just had EXACTLY the same experience.  Even called the support line and was told that they can't cancel a payment, even one that was JUST entered not 20 minutes before and not yet processed.  You are correct, the cancel payment link on the website is BULL.  It doesn't do ANYTHING!  We were told that if the payment processes and causes an overdraft fee that Verizon will pay the fee - like I believe that!  This is nothing but FRAUD....  When someone makes an honest mistake, there is always a way to fix it before it gets processed.  Just ask any financial institution.  Verizon just chooses not to do that.  The only thing they are servicing is themselves.  Screw the customer!  I'm hoping the federal auditors that review Verizon business practices troll this site because they make it impossible to fix honest mistakes even when they are caught as soon as you submit.  This is what the feds need to know about.  We're in the 21st century.  This stuff isn't nearly as hard as Verizon wants you to believe it is.  

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes