Switch Account

Support links broken on Verizon website

Support links broken on Verizon website

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(584 Views)

I am trying to contact support because of a problem with one of my DVRs and I can't because when I click on the support link on the main menu I get a "Bad request" error page

The problem also occurs if I try to click on one of the sub-links off support

It this how you handle problems?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I
Message 2 of 3
(566 Views)

@txnr wrote:

I am trying to contact support because of a problem with one of my DVRs and I can't because when I click on the support link on the main menu I get a "Bad request" error page

The problem also occurs if I try to click on one of the sub-links off support

It this how you handle problems?

As stated on: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon-Account-Residential/DVR-broken/td-p/524683

Hello,

To troubleshoot your DVR issues, you can try:

- going to www.verizon.com/repair and selecting 'Set top box or DVR not working'. Choose the DVR that is problematic when it lists your STBs. A quick reset of the STB will be performed. Keep the page open to the 'Did this fix your issue' - 'Yes' or 'No' question.

Then try recording a current show for 5 minutes, and then see if you can see the recording when you go to DVR -- Recordings (on your FiOS TV Remote).  

If the DVR failed to record, go back to the repair site and on the option that says 'Did this fix your issue' - Select No, and then it will go to Step 2 to Reboot your STB. After the reboot has completed, try recording a show again.

If it failed to record once more, then select 'No' to the question, and then you'll be taken to the page for live chat with an agent.

// I just tried these steps via verizon.com/repair a few minutes ago and the link works fine on Firefox. 

OR

- if for some reason you are unable to access the verizon.com/repair site, from the FiOS TV Remote go to:

Menu -- Customer Support -- In Home Agent -- Reboot STB

Menu -- Customer Support -- In Home Agent -- Set-Top Box Auto Correction

Try recording on your DVR afterwards.

If after rebooting and autocorrecting the DVR still failed to record, then either:

-- call 1-888-553-1555 to speak with a Technical Support representative for more detailed troubleshooting and/or to have a replacement DVR mailed out to you,

OR

-- contact a local Verizon FIOS store during business hours to have your DVR replaced. For a list of local stores: http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/fiostv/general+support/account+issues/questionsone/8...

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 3 of 3
(511 Views)

I noticed this problem occurs with Firefox 18.

When I tried the support link with IE9 it works, so that might have been your issue as well...

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.