Technician charge - 50/50 mbps deal no waive?
JackyCheng1

I became a new customer last tuesday because I heard that Verizon was top rated in customer satisfaction and wanted to try the 50/50 deal. I was told that I would be charged 90$ for a tech to come out unless I wanted to self install the verizon box. This was a surprise, seeing as my last provider didn't charge me an installation fee. The agent on the line said he talked to his supervisors and that he enabled me to the "highest level" and split the 90$ between the first and second months.

However, it says on your advertisement that the $90 fee would be waived for new customers, so I find this hard to believe. And then when the tech arrived, he went to the box left by the old landlord, plugged in a modem and left not even 20 minutes after he had arrived. So am I supposed to swallow the fact that I was charged a fee that was supposed to be waived to new customers as well as pay a whole $90 for plugging in a modem?

When I had called, all the representatives I've reached told me was that they couldn't do anything, and that it was the "standard fee", but seeing as this seems to be a reoccurring problem in these forums; I hope I can recieve the BEST Customer Satisfaction that Verizon is known for and find a more reasonable solution to this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Technician charge - 50/50 mbps deal no waive?
JackyCheng1

The ad as it is from when I made the order to today, 5-27-17

0 Likes
Re: Technician charge - 50/50 mbps deal no waive?
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JackyCheng1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes