Temporary Vacation stop
poopsy1

When instituting FIOS service, I specifically asked whether it would be possible to have

a short vacation suspension of only FIOS TV and Internet, while leaving service on the home phone.

I was told "no problem".  Now when trying to do just the above, I was told it was not possible;

the whole service had to be suspended including all bundle discounts, and reinstituted when

the vacation period was over (2 months). This runs counter to the earlier information I had been

given, makes no sense whatsoever except to eek out every penny from the customer. Every

other cable company I know allows for temporary suspensions for a month or two.  I regret

placing myself under this nonsensical system. With cable service so expensive, the consumer

should be able to suspend for short periods while away, say over a month, maybe up to 3 month

limit.

0 Likes
Re: Temporary Vacation stop
airchamberCom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone know how to do a vacation stop(two months)? The person on the phone said it could be done on the internet, but it  appears that Verizon's web site ain't that easy.

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@airchamberCom wrote:

Does anyone know how to do a vacation stop(two months)? The person on the phone said it could be done on the internet, but it  appears that Verizon's web site ain't that easy.

Hello,

There is a vacation suspend service available for existing customers with a minimum period of 1 month and a maximum of 9 months.  For the period of suspension, the recurring charges on the bill would only be the PEG (Public, Educational, Government) fees and any part of the service that you're leaving intact (for example, suspending only TV/Internet and keeping telephone).  There is a one-time fee for this service and you'll have to check with Customer Service for that amount (as it depends on what services will be suspended and kept active), and also as to which promotions/discounts will be kept intact and/or restarted during/after this period.

Verizon's Customer Service can be reached via:

live chat at www.verizon.com/contactus

or

by calling 1-800-837-4966.

0 Likes
Zizi1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is it that it easy to add services but incredibly difficult to suspend services?

I am currently online now for 25 minutes waiting to speak to customer services to try to suspend my services while I am building. This is not good customer service. It is easy to set up a functionality for people to identify what services should be suspended and for what dates. come on Verizon!

GeneL77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've received conflicting information from V reps about "vacation/seasonal" holds.  For California, does a "hold" cost just $39 total for say, 3 months, or is the charge $39/month?  Also, I have a bundle with tv/internet/phone with a promotional aspect of free HBO, SHO, etc.  I am on a 2 yr contract.  While on vacation hold, is the contract put on hold or does it continue to run?  Like, if my contract expiration is December 31, 2016, if I have had a total of 6 months on hold prior to the expiration, is my new contract expiration 6 months later, as in June 30, 2017?   

The reps all made it clear, the promotional stuff keeps running through a hold so the expiration for the promo stuff will never change. 

Any info about vacation holds anyone can provide is appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@GeneL77 wrote:

I've received conflicting information from V reps about "vacation/seasonal" holds.  For California, does a "hold" cost just $39 total for say, 3 months, or is the charge $39/month?  Also, I have a bundle with tv/internet/phone with a promotional aspect of free HBO, SHO, etc.  I am on a 2 yr contract.  While on vacation hold, is the contract put on hold or does it continue to run?  Like, if my contract expiration is December 31, 2016, if I have had a total of 6 months on hold prior to the expiration, is my new contract expiration 6 months later, as in June 30, 2017?   

The reps all made it clear, the promotional stuff keeps running through a hold so the expiration for the promo stuff will never change. 

Any info about vacation holds anyone can provide is appreciated. Thanks.

$39???  IT was always a onetime fee and not that high.  Promotions tend to run out even if you are hold.  And yes your contract requirements are extended by the time you were on hold. 

I switch back and forth between my two home regularly and have FIOS on both. Only way I have ever been able to do the holds is by phone, but always was able to do it quite quickly.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes