Terrible Customer support experience
alphatech

I have been a loyal customer for more than 20 years.  Due to my unemployment status I contacted Verizon to get my bill lower instead of switching to Comcast.  Bill, the customer rappresentative, gave me an attractive price, he told me to talk with the family and make sure they were ok with the new proposal while he would call back the next day to check on the status.  He never did, I called again the next day, spoke with another rappresentative which said that she had problems with her system and she would call back that day.  I never received the call from either one.  Today I spoke with both Donna and Mrs Peter the supervisor which they said that the offer already expired and they could not do anything about it.  What a disappoinment,  they make a loyal customer switch to Comcast to then ask them to come back to them after $1000 of dollars in mail, brochures and etc.  This does not make sense to me.  Tomorrow will switch to Comcast, so disappointed. 

0 Likes
Re: Terrible Customer support experience
jonjones1
Legend

This “we will call you back” is bunk. Google it and be amazed. The company right now is so large that it isn’t a big deal to lose a few thousand customers.

There is no such thing as “loyalty” you are paying for a service at a price point that you and they believe are fair. 

I have been their wireless customer ever since they were Bell Atlantic NYNEX Mobile some 38 years ago, so am I loyal? I am paying for a service that works where I need it, at a price I believe fair. 

You see when I called in the past over some slight I told them I was leaving. I said give me the credit of xxx dollars or you lose $3500 a year with my lines. You see if customers told their provider it’s a huge loss to give a $10 drop in price of $120 a year to save $3500 or more a year just does not matter to them.

Verizon believes they can make up the loss via getting newer customers. But some day that recover will not occur. Just like today switching cell carriers is so easy because it’s glut today.

So call back and try again. What can it hurt?

0 Likes
alphatech

I agree with you, It does not make any sense to me. I really do not think Marketing or Sales know what they are doing and are much closed mind not excluding the company itself and their strategies.  I pay $185 a month, total of 2200.  You Verizon do not need to do anything, the connection is there, the internet is working and etc.  Now a leave and I go to Comcast for $89 a month and $200 prepaid card.  Why is Comcast is doing it, because they know that I will stay with them for another two years, correct?  In the meantime, as soon as I leave Verizon, they will send me a letter and another letter and brochures over brochures to get me back.  Let’s assume that I then switch, they need to get a Verizon tech home, $60 an hour (Including benefit), put new lines, give me a discount because of a new client, do you see my point?  Was it easy if the honor my discount of $10 on the first place?  Help me here to understand…      

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

There probably is a method to this madness 😀

all I can say is if I was a corporation looking to provide a service and realize the potential of millions of customers I personally would look into giving the best service I could. By doing this I increase profits and employees get more pay, my stockholders get dividends (yes we are Verizon stock holders and they pay big dividends) and if you look at reasonable cost per customer over the years the company should do well.

but what you have is what you have with cable in that you offer a low get your business price to make up for the churn rate. You must realize that a churn rate of say 30 or 35 % is not what any company hopes for. Right now churn per gazillions of customers is low. So Verizon does not care to lose that $2500 or $3500 per year. They snag double or triple customers for each loss. So it gives them no incentive to keep you.

unlike with Verizon’s wireless side when they had 194,000 customers and they refused to make concessions the total number of customers that left dropped them down almost 75,000 customers who switch to other providers. So take say on average $175 per month times 12 months, by 75,000 lost customers. That is a huge loss of revenue.

but the marketing people think just like people dropping tv for alternatives it cannot continue but google how many tv subscribers Verizon and cable lost. You would be amazed. So their answer is let’s jack the customers remaining for more money until they too drop tv and other services.

If Verizon and cable companies don’t start universal pricing and stable pricing in all markets, they won’t have any customers. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Oops should be 194,000,000 (millions of customers not 194,000 sorry I typed to fast)

i transposed the numbers 😢

0 Likes
alphatech

One other problem that they overlook is the Word-of-mouth.  Especially with the social media nowadays.  I work in IT and my job is to give suggestions and recommendations.  If I recommend Comcast instead of Verizon and I tell them I had a bad customer service, now it will multiple by 100.    Again, the loss of revenue is not on one customer but 100 of them.  I completely agree with you but it does not make sense.   Pleasure talking with you.   Also customer service is not as great as few years back.  Before you could talk with a manager and they would accommodate you, now they do not care anymore, she was very rude to me, she said, if you are not happy go someplace else, this would not happen in the past. Loot what did happen to Sears as an example…  

0 Likes