Text messages about my bill
tlappas

I have tried to set my profile so that my bill comes to my e-mail as does every bill I get from every place I do business.  How do I stop getting these annoying unwanted text messages about it.  You would certainly think my e-mail provider could use my e-mail.

0 Likes
Re: Text messages about my bill
jonjones1
Legend

@tlappas wrote:

I have tried to set my profile so that my bill comes to my e-mail as does every bill I get from every place I do business.  How do I stop getting these annoying unwanted text messages about it.  You would certainly think my e-mail provider could use my e-mail.

This is one of my pet peeves that bugs me. Even though I get an email I was getting text messages as well. After a few times of this I called Verizon (the wireless was worse) the guy on the phone stated I could turn this feature off in my profile, however I said it was never an option to toggle on/off in fact I expressly told Verizon via doing the profile I wanted no text messages, emails, or anything.

He went in and turned off the text alert feature and that he updated my privacy settings to reflect my wishes. Seems there is more than one place to turn these annoying texts alerts off.

On my Verizon wireless account I explained I am in my account and that it shows off and yet I am receiving them. This time a young lady stated I will ensure that you get no more account alerts. Seems the system was upgraded and on my profile account page the buttons were change, resulting in that text reminder. It was turned off by Verizon and all was good.

You May need to also have them look in your account page to see if it was turned back on.

0 Likes
ssobol1

I go to my profile page/communication preferences to disable billing text/sms messages, but the button is greyed out and I cannot change it.

Stupid messages are annoying.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@ssobol wrote:

I go to my profile page/communication preferences to disable billing text/sms messages, but the button is greyed out and I cannot change it.

Stupid messages are annoying.

Go to your privacy settings like i did. If it still occurs call verizon up and have them turn them off. I have found if you choose email alerts the text messages stop. Crazy huh?

now i get these “your number is being shared by xxx-xxx-xxxx for information go to Verizon wireless/numbershare” i called the wireless number and they said it will be shut off. Unfortunately it is off on one watch, but not my wifes. Oh well.

0 Likes