The Worst - Beyond Upset over what was done to us by Verizon
MyRocky
Enthusiast - Level 1

On June 23rd I called verizone to set up service in our new home - same geographic area but moving about 20 west.

I am trying to port my business numbers to residential with our move - going all fiber optic and Fios. The difficulty starts because Business and residential don't communicate - and mistakes are abundant when one needs any customer service. I have had my Verizon business lines for more than a decade - and we want o move our Comcast private line to our new address (to Verizon as well)

We have a daughter who is severely disabled and has some complicated issues - so the move we are making is astronomical in planning - but planning ahead is vital for the family not to be traumatized. So I called in early June and started discussions. On June 23, 2014 I placed the order for installation July 12th. We made special arrangments to be there (20 miles away) and for care of our daughter.On July 10th - I got a call from a technician to say there was a problem with installation - so I immediately called and spoke with Celeta in NJ/NY area (Business)  - she pulled into a conference the residential re (Stacy). After spending an hour plus on the phone with these two ladies - all was ironed out and installation was set for Sat July 12th. The next morning (Friday July 11th) I got an email again placing the installation on a different date (July 15th) - this after a telephone marathon with Celta and Stacy thursday. I called and this time got Roman - I filled him in and he assured me that Sat was scheduled but he said he would escalate it and a supervisor would call me - that never happened. I explained to every rep I spoke to I was getting other installation automated calls that gave a different date for installation. They all said to ignore those calls that those calls were not correct and that my installation was on schedule. 

Even so I called two more times and both times I was assured that installation would be Sat. On sat AM even though I continued to get automatic calls giving a different date.  I called again to verify BEFORE we left the house - and was assured that someone would be there between 11-2 PM. I called one more time from the new house - and verified again installation was going to take place. At 1 PM I called to see if the tech might be there soon and was told - no installation would be taking place and there was nothing anyone could do to make it happen.

I started to cry at that point - unless you have a child with special needs - and complicated physical and emotional needs you probably can't fathom how this process traumatized the entire family - we have to jump through numerous and extreme hoops just to have the ability to leave our daughter. for a couple of hours.

I asked for a supervisor and someone who called himself "Mr. Jones" said this was the fault of the previous 6 employees - and that he would probably make it a training issue - WHAT - It was obvious to me as the customer that he could have cared less about our situation - he didn't even apologize.  If you look under our order number - it still says (today July 11th) ) that our installation is scheduled for Sat July 12th.

I told Mr. Jones that he had no idea the problems that this mess has caused me - He wouldn’t give me any answers on installation - I really don't know what to do about this - but I am very upset that we are now in a mess and moving in 2 days. I don't think I can believe anything VErizon says - how could ALL SIX VERIZON employees be so wrong about what was going to happen.

I really would like to have FIOS because I work from home in order to take care of my daughter - but maybe COX or Direct TV or Dish is something we should consider - how can I believe what Verizon says?  I really don't know what to do.

Re: The Worst - Beyond Upset over what was done to us by Verizon
Bugalu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been there, it took over a month from the first repair date to actually get a repairman to get the order, and there was not information for him on the worksheet, he almost gave up on finding us.  His last try at phoning, thank goodness, got through, I won't even go into the numerous calls to that horrid 4966 number they tell you to call. 

I had axiety attacks just thinking about calling it, my husband tried once and ended up handing the phone to me, which I told him there would be concequences for that.

Oh, I also talk to someone in Brooklyn, NY (Camille) that had it together, answered ALL my questions, new and old and was very pleasant to converse with.

Finally, all is well, we thought, after talking to the repairman and telling him the history and problems we were having.  He can't very well fix anything that he doesn't know what it's doing or not doing....who writes these work orders???

Anyway, we're almost normal, but the ring is broken up, I'm petrified to call the 4966 number again, as long as calls are getting through, I'll put up with the ring breaking up and sounding wierd.  I dont' care if the thing beeps now:)

I have even called the 4966 number at 3am and a repairman answered, imagine my amazement, I was expecting a machine.  Sounded like a party was going on behind him, but I don't care, I got to talk to a human, and in my opinion, a human that was in charge, after all, it is the repairman that gets things working, the other personel are just message takers and poor ones at that.

Good luck to you, a tech from this community forum did email me a couple of times, the problems had already  been fixed by that time.

I did research the Verizon website and emailed the main office to complain, couldn't hurt, I know you probably don't have the time to research and nor should you have to.

If you can, talk to a repairman directly, they just want to do their jobs, but the lack of back-up they have, they may have your work order, just not the correct info to find you.

Another thing that irritates me is the 8am to 5pm they tell you to be at the location, like my day isn't important to me, most of the time, the repairman doesn't even have to come to our house, it's that ugly box at the corner where he does all his magic.

What Verizon needs is a good old dose of competition, which I hear AT&T is coming up fast.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

MyRocky,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Since we have not heard back from you, we have closed out your private support case. If you still require assistance please feel free to post on your original thread. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes