The new Verizon website won't work with Firefox/Chrome
petrakid
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am trying so hard to not have to use IE (it sucks, it's too slow, it sucks, it eats too much memory, it sucks, etc.).  But now Verizon redesigns their website, which is fine (i happen to like the new design), BUT it won't work in Firefox or Chrome!@!!  NO ONE uses IE these days, so, Verizon, when you make these websites, make them with Firefox in mind (then mod them for IE). 

If you're having issues logging in to pay your bill or modify your phone info, try in IE instead.  It WILL work.  Until the Verizon techies get their heads out of Microsoft's butt and start building things that are compatible with all browsers, this is just how it's going to have to be. 

I write websites and I NEVER write them with IE in mind.  IE does not handle CSS properly, or advanced HTML or server-side scripting language (unless you use ASP, another microsoft product...jerks).

This is one of those things that, if I wasn't behind a contract, would make me leave Verizon and go with someone else with better web-technology.  Grr this makes me mad.

Re: The new Verizon website won't work with Firefox/Chrome
cathyjanes
Enthusiast - Level 1

Test post.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

While I have not seen the new site for real (only the demo), I have a bad feeling that you are right that it does not work with Firefox OR Chrome.

--

Oh really no uses IE these days?

Only one example, is all it takes to prove that wrong.

#1 Since I am using Windows and I do not want automatic updates downloaded OR installed on my computer, I have to use IE on Microsoft's Windows Update to keep my computer update.

*Poof*

http://i44.tinypic.com/23j21yv.jpg

^^

0 Likes
dj_wilcox
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new "My Verizon" is simply garbage... I've run into major problems in IE, Safari, and Firefox... many functions do't work correctly, I have problems sending email quite a bit, especially on replies, I changed something on my TV plan and now when I go to try to change something on my phone plan it kicks me to my "receipt" page for the TV change.... They should really do some real world QA before launching an app that some people rely on to the general public... 

KrazyIan

It's possible they've fixed some problems since your original post, as I've been running Google Chrome and have not run into any issues associated with web browser incompatibility so far.

0 Likes
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

Same here.   I'm using safari & firefox with no problems.

0 Likes
Can't log in to pay my bill
Photoflash1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your 'new' website is so poorly designed and built that it took me almost an hour to log in order to pay my bill.  

In other words, you lose...

0 Likes
Re: Can't log in to pay my bill
ffc

Does anybody else keep getting payment slips with their bills that do not have the Verizon address on it so that you can actually pay your bill?? I am so sick of Verizon. How hard is it to print a stinking invoice correctly?

0 Likes
Omnilord

Other than a few obvious CSS selectors designed specifically for IE, and what appears to be misnamed variables on the server side, the whole site seems to be working very well in Firefox 3.6.  I do have some complains about bill paying, such as my account balance shows as $0.00 when there should be an amount in there.  I have screen shots, but I do not know how to get them into the hands of the software engineers responsible for maintenance on the website.

0 Likes
KenChun
Are you able to use widgets and choose a background image for your chrome? After getting FiOS I've been unable to do that, very aggravating to say the least.
0 Likes