Re: The new Verizon website won't work with Firefox/Chrome
Hubrisnxs
Legend

i use chrome exclusively, no problems here. 

0 Likes
LimeyDi1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This comment is still true today, May 25, 2013 ... Verizon is still back in the IE swamp while the rest of us use Chrome or Firefox. Verizon's spell check doesn't recgnize "Firefox" btw  😉 It is not very reassuring that the outfit I have to rely on for internet services is so far out of tune. Because I am not using IE, EVERY SINGLE TIME that I go to Verizon to look up TV shows, for example, even though i have "keep me logged in" checked on my home PC, i have to not only log in but also verify my email address?????  This is just stupid wasteful nonsense

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@LimeyDi wrote:

This comment is still true today, May 25, 2013 ... Verizon is still back in the IE swamp while the rest of us use Chrome or Firefox. Verizon's spell check doesn't recgnize "Firefox" btw  😉 It is not very reassuring that the outfit I have to rely on for internet services is so far out of tune. Because I am not using IE, EVERY SINGLE TIME that I go to Verizon to look up TV shows, for example, even though i have "keep me logged in" checked on my home PC, i have to not only log in but also verify my email address?????  This is just stupid wasteful nonsense

While I do not doubt you are having the problem you describe, I believe your conclusion is totally and completely false. I use Firefox and I do not have one single problem with logging in or staying logged in on any of the Verizon websites, they work perfectly, including the two-week login.

My bet is that you have a cookie problem, that you have both Firefox and Chrome set to delete cookies, including the Verizon ones. The Verizon sites depend on certain Verizon cookies being retained for the two-week login to work. Try changing the cookie settings in the browser to not delete cookies (before doing this, you might want to clear all of your cookies and cache just to make sure there is not something left over that is causing the problem, although I don't believe that is or should be necessary).

If the above fixes the problem, you might want to look into a browser add-on that allows you to easily manage the preservation and deletion of cookies. For example I use SelectiveCookieDelete in Firefox to whitelist Verizon cookies (and some others) to ensure they always remain while all others are deleted when I shut down Firefox.

Another potential problem may be some add-on you have installed in either Firefox or Chrome. I suggest you try starting the browsers without any add-ons installed and running, and see if your problem goes away. If it does, then you need to figure out which one is causing the problem, generally a trial and error process.

What difference does it make that Verizon's spellcheck doesn't recognize "Firefox"? Who cares? I for one sure don't.

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
pacatv

I have Chrome...Not working here!

I would love for them to Fix whatever is broken.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over nine years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes