Transfer of Service to New Address
sonsra

I recently enquired about transferring my service.  As a result I received a letter from Verizon Consumer Marketing Director Dustin Kroeger stating I should call Verizon "even if I do not yet know my moving date", and I would receive a $50 value Verizon Reward Card.  I spoke to four reps concerning this letter and no one had any idea what I was talking about.  And, I was told to call back when I had a moving date.  That makes sense, but what about the letter no one knows about?  Has anyone else had this happen?

0 Likes
Re: Transfer of Service to New Address
edoardosalazar

When you move to a new address, you need to call Verizon to "transfer the service". The true is that they DON'T REALLY TRANSFER THE SERVICE. They cancell the service at your old address, and create a new one on your new address, but setting up your set-up box to work with the new account.

Probably what that letter says about the Reward, is a special promo Verizon has when hiring new services, I move 3 times since last year, and I received 2 $100  Prepaid Cards, and my service start all over again, with a new term agreement starting on a new date. In my recent move in, I discovered that Verizon set me HBO, Cinemax and La Conexion, supposinly to be FREE for 3 moths, but they charged me the first month, plus some installation fees when moving, I have to deal with them through Chat or email (I don't like to make the a call as 99% of the cases I will end up on a Calling Center in India, and believe me that's the worst Customer Service I had expierence in my entire life).

So, my suggestion is that try to cover all the bases and speak with them before moving the services, and be sure to speak with a US customer representative that knows what you are talking about, because those foreign countries customer representatives don't..

0 Likes
Re: Transfer of Service to New Address
bango
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too went through this transfer process. The first time I called on a Saturday afternoon and talked with a female Hispanic accent. She did NOT want to help me out. She gave me WRONG information about Fios installation just to get rid of me on the phone. I called back 4 days later only to find out that everything the girl had told me was false. There's NO accountability.

My biggest frustration with Verizon's call center is that you must enter your 10 digit phone number. Then you must endure a series of menus to direct the call to the proper department. Once you make your selection, you are on hold for quite awhile. Once your call is answered, you are asked for your 10 digit phone # again--your name, etc. THEN, they want your account number. Unless you have a paper bill in front of you, this lengthy # is not readily available. All this is done in the name of security??  If I'm having a technical problem and give you everything else--including the last 4 digits of my SS#, why on earth do you need my acct number too??

Their service level has gone way down in the past year. I'm so disappointed in this. I used to brag about their service. The overseas call centers are an insult. Press "1" to speak English!!!