Triple Play Visa Promotion, didn't get anything close to what was advertised
ACCiNEED
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I moved to building next door to my old apartment and had Time Warner switch over services, and all was good, and week later received flyer stating Triple Play $99, and receive a $200 Visa Card after 60 days of service, Online special.  Well followed link on flyer, and ordered service to come and be installed, and was warned by neighbor that they got screwed for some reason out of the promotion and so, thought I took all and additional steps to make sure I wouldn't.  So ordered service. and two days later I emailed into Verizon once my online account was set up to make sure I didn't need to fill out or mail in a form or anything for this promotion.  I got a reply which kept stating, no but here is our promotions dept number to call for any questions.  So I called from My Verizon phone line to have record of call, and talked to a lady whom after explain what I was calling about and she stated as long as bill is paid on time for next 60 days, then all would be automatically done and mailed to you within 90 days.  So lets not get into why my monthly bill is $147 that is whole other issue.  But 90 days came and went and so chatted online with a rep and was told nope sorry it is not on your account, and I said what!!!!  They stated I received a email and I confirmed it also for services that I ordered,  and it was not in this email I confirmed for services.  OKAY, WHY WOULD I EVEN KNOW TO LOOK IN THE EMAIL OF NEW SERVICES ORDERED for a mention of promotion visa card!  It doesn't now state anywhere on the flyer which I kept also incase this happened that NEW CUSTOMERS MAKE SURE TO LOOK FOR THIS IN YOUR SERVICE EMAIL WHEN CONFIRMING IT.  So was told nothing can do about it cause I confirmed it.  So now called into and talked to promotions dept and told same thing and then called into customer service and told same thing, and also was told I was receive a discount monthly rate of $20 off bill and this would be more of a savings over my two years contract then a visa card.  WHAT MY BILL WOULD THEN BE $167 a month, what happened to $99.  Well then I said this is not what I signed up for, and I emailed and called and have records of this to make sure services ordered and all was good so this wouldn't happen.  And rep stated that probably he person that reply to my email and also the rep I talked to in promotions when I ordered service just gave me a generic answer and never actually looked into my account.   WHY WOULDN'T THEY LOOK AT MY ACCOUNT, I didn't want a generic answer, so this is my fault.  So also If I cancel service and go back Time Warner, I will need to pay cancellation fee of $260 since I signed up for 2 year agreement.   WELL WOULDN'T THAT VISA CARD HAVE HELPED OFFSET THIS FEE.  And the worst part is now I have two years of $147 services and I just got a flyer in about new promotion 2yr agreement for triple play from Verizon and receive   $300 VISA CARD!   AND $89 A MONTH, so $100 more in Visa Card and $10 less a month for new customers, So have already filed complaint with FTC on this, and working on consumer affairs dept of CA, and will see.  Worst part is was happy with Time Warner, was $89 a month and I heard only good things about services of FIOS, so didn't mind at time paying I thought $10 extra a month more but now  paying $60 more a month, and services are less, especially with iPhone app, and unable to watch LIVE TV on our iPhones, and integration with MAC OS and not fully compatible with FIOS system.  

JUST GOING TO BE A LONG TWO YEARS!  

0 Likes