Trying to make sense of first bill
mikeobrien716
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm trying to understand what exactly my charges are on my first bill. Basically, these are the two that are throwing me off:

Verizon Flex : Full Month Aug 1 - Aug 31
Verizon Flex

Includes:
- 24 mo. FiOS Internet Bundle Discount

- FiOS Internet 15/5

- FiOS TV Prime HD

Total Verizon Flex : $77.49

Change in Service and Partial Month

FiOS Internet 15/5 Jul 16 - Jul 31 : 35.00

FiOS Internet 15/5 Bundle Discount Jul 16 - Jul 31 : -20.00

FiOS TV Prime HD Jul 16 - Jul 31 : 32.50

FiOS TV Prime HD Buncle Discount Jul 16 - Jul 31 : -5.00

High Definition STB Rental (added Jul 16 - Jul 31) : 5.00

Partial month's charge for Jul 16 - Jul 31

Total Change in Service and Partial Month : $47.50

The way I see it, the Total Verizon Flex of 77.49 is my monthly, and the Total Change in Service and Partial Month of 47.50 is half a month of charges since it's only Jul 16 - Jul 31st. Would I be correct in saying that the Change in Service and Partial Month would double to, at an estimate, of 95.00 a month, plus the 77.49 a month? Or is the 47.50 just a temporary number for my first bill?

Any info would be helpful, thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Trying to make sense of first bill
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Usually the pro rated stuff shows the breakdown of each service and a prorated discount to the partial month. Since Fios bills in advance, I would say it should be the full bundle price, plus any partial month pro rated amount. The first bill is always higher which upsets some new subscribers, but is easily explained.

I think based on your numbers, it would be 124.97 Total. But I do not work for Verizon, and only they could say what your bill should be. I upgraded my bundle a while back, and it took two billing cycles for the normal bill to show.

First bill, bundle price plus prorated amounts with the discounts for that amount shown.

Second bill, bundle price with a breakdown of discounts for the bundle.

Third bill, shows the bundle price with taxes and fees. May or may not show the bundle price breakdown, but I think they have started to include it in your monthly statement.

Mine shows the Triple play normal price without the discount, and the discount is given as a subtraction in the bill. Long term customer with a new bundle do not get the same pricing as a new customer, but may get some discounts. DTV is the same way and most providers have promotions for new customers, that existing customers do not get.

Here is a breakdown of what my triple play shows on the bill. But I have the highest package. Overall considering what I get, the price is quite reasonable when compared to other providers. But that is my view.

Triple Play Includes:
• Verizon Freedom Essentials 30.00
• FiOS TV Ultimate HD 70.00
• EPIX 0.00
• FiOS Internet 35/35 39.99
$139.99

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think prisaz did a good job of explaining it ... since Verizon bills in advance, you have both the prorated month plus the first full month's service to contend with.  I recently upgraded my plan and my bill looked worse still ... since I had prorated charges for the old plan for the first part of the month and prorate charges for the second half of the month for the new service.

As indicated, by month 3 of the billing cycle however, my bill now shows just the bundle price plus STB's, tax, etc.

Don't forget that your monthly rate will also include the $9.95 / month HD STB charge on top of the $77.49 base package price.

The best bet however if you're confused is to call Verizon billing and have them walk thru it with you.

mikeobrien716
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks prisaz and lasagna for clearing that up for me.

I did try calling Verizon Billing before posting here, but it was after their office hours, so I figured I would try and get some feedback from others to get a little more input in advance.

My main fear was that I would be paying for the Flex and also another full month of service, every month, totaling around the $180.00 ballpark...as a college student, it's really not something I could afford, if that was the case!

I will still be calling Verizon, just to clear things up, but now that I have some insight it makes a lot more sense.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
prisaz2
Enthusiast - Level 3

One more thing. Don't get floored by the taxes and fees. In Maryland it is about $20. They must get their take. Subscriber line charges, 911 fee, local and state taxes, franchise fees etc. etc. etc. Double play without phone you will not have all those phone fees and taxes. But you may have some for TV and Internet.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Good point prisaz ... here in PA on about $150 in double play charges (no phone), it runs about $12 in taxes.