Two issues (Video on Demand) and Return equipment - Verizon is cluess on both !!!!!
firegeek1
Enthusiast - Level 2

First.....Verizon is horrible!  I have NEVER had a company not value their customers as Verizon does to us! 

Two issues: 

1st -  I can no longer rent movies on Video on Demand - if anything says "Flex View" on the video (which they ALL do), when I try to order it, I get a network timed out or used to get VOD207 error messages.  This started in Sept (after Verizon changed the channel guide)...I have been calling them since Sept (over 20 hours on the phone with them and they also sent a tech to my house who was here for 4 hours)....END result - Verizon has determined that it is a software profile on my account that got blown away when they did the channel upgrade......to date, it is still NOT resolved.  OVER 4 MONTHS......no resolve.

2nd - Today, I get a UPS box with an empty box and letter to "FIOS TV Equipment Return Program".  I have never canceled any equipment.  I started calling the phone number listed on the letter that was provided.  The first person I spoke to at Verizon said that they have "No record" of any equipment requested or canceled on my account.  They told me to talk to another dept.......1 hour on hold - finally I get another dept.  I am put on hold to "look up my account".  They have no record either or any equipment being requested or canceled on my account.  Really Verizon??????  The letter has our information on it - it says you will bill me for $ 475.00 if I do not return the equipment BUT there is nothing stating WHAT equipment to return or why and NO ONE at Verizon has any idea.

Really ???? 

0 Likes
Re: Two issues (Video on Demand) and Return equipment - Verizon is cluess on both !!!!!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi firegeek

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Two issues (Video on Demand) and Return equipment - Verizon is cluess on both !!!!!
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

firegeek,

I've sent you a PM to get some additional information.  Please update me whenever you're able to do so.

Thanks,

Adam.

0 Likes
firegeek1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do NOT know what a PM is.......and I have filled out ALL forms.  STILL today - the issue is still NOT fixed.  We are now going on 5 months./........

0 Likes
firegeek1
Enthusiast - Level 2

To update anyone reading this........Verizon still has NOT fixed the problem.  ANY movie that says "Flex" - Which is ALL Video on Demand movies (for the most part).  I can NOT watch.  I can watch the preview, I can rate the movie but when I try to rent it...I get "Network error". 

This issue has been going on for 5 MONTHS....the problem started when they switched the channel guides. 

Yes - some Verizon rep responsed to me from this form....but all that was for me to fill out paperwork stating what the issue was...HELLO VERIZON....LOOK IN THE NOTES of my account !  This is the kind of stuff I am refering too........

Verizon does NOT give support nor do the resolve issues.  Seriously ???  5 Months???? And I have had to call and jump thru hoops regarding a service that Verizon advertises that they offer and is avaiable to all subscribers.

Interesting....No solution........

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

{You have received information in your private message box -- > . It is a small gold envelope on the upper right of the screen. Please Read.}

0 Likes
firegeek1
Enthusiast - Level 2

DEAR VERIZON....Yes - I got those messages in the private mail box, two messages to fill out the "problem",,,,that was on Jan 6 you sent them to me.  I filled out BOTH forms and submitted.

THIS is exactly what I am talking about.  WHY is it that I have to jump thru hoops?  I have been calling Verizon since Oct 2011 - there is detailed information in my account.  I have FILLED out your forms that you sent me in the private message on Jan 6. 2012........

AGAIN - THIS is the problem.......or atleast ONE of them.  Verizon makes the customers jump thru hoops and then tell them to "do this, do that".  Etc etc......I have filled out all of your forms sir.

0 Likes