UNRelated Cell Phone Number Linked to My Account
VerizonHeadache1

Two years ago when I stupidly agreed to have FiOS installed, I made another stupid mistake.  I gave them a TEMPORARY alternate cell phone number to contact me on a day I was not going to be home.

Ever since, Verizon cannot seem to get this alternate number unlinked from my account. 

Let me repeat Verizon - that cell phone number belongs to SOMEONE ELSE!!!

Yet, everytime I call,  it is listed as an "alternate contact number."  

When I log into my account, there is not an alternate number listed.

Tech support has tried to delete that "alternate number.

Customer Service has told me they have deleted that "alternate number.

My phone hasn't worked for more than two weeks, another issue, so I had to borrow that cell phone again.  The moment I call, your animate automated system asks if I am calling about XXX XXX XXXX, my HOME number.

When I spoke to Customer Service, they read the number from the cell phone as the "alternate contact number" on my account.

What does it take for you to get someone else's account UNLINKED from mine????

I don't know whether to laugh or have a fit when you then send me surveys, and reminders to complete your "Customer Satisfaction Survey, " basically begging to be praised and wanting your customers to refer your company to others.

With all of the problems I have had with you, I would not, COULD NOT, in good conscience, refer others and have them go through these nightmares.

0 Likes
Re: UNRelated Cell Phone Number Linked to My Account
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi VerizonHeadache,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your account. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes