Unable to cancel DSL service
Kenilworthkid
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm trying to cancel my DSL service, I call 1-800-567-6789, go through all the menus, selecting cancle three times, finally it says they are connection me to an agent.  Then I hear, "Sorry, there is no answer.  This call is being terminated." 

I'm cancelling because I switched to Comcast.  Why?  Verizon was billing me for 3 mbit service, delivering 1.5 mbit for the past two years, with a lame excuse "You're in an area that only supports 1.5 mbit", Funny, I have neighbors connected to the same pole that get 3 mbit service.  When they cut me to 768k and started blocking half the sites I frequent, I called it quits.

They keep trying to sell me FIOS, but DSL & FIOS connect to the same central office and crummy performance on one means the other isn't likely to be any better.

Anyway, how do I cancel DSL, since the automated menu system doesn't seem to allow me to?

0 Likes
Re: Unable to cancel DSL service
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I used Google to look cancel verizon dsl

This was one of the many results back

http://www.webspawner.com/users/verizonvictims/

0 Likes
Re: Unable to cancel DSL service
prisaz
Legend

@Kenilworthkid wrote:

I'm trying to cancel my DSL service, I call 1-800-567-6789, go through all the menus, selecting cancel three times, finally it says they are connection me to an agent.  Then I hear, "Sorry, there is no answer.  This call is being terminated." 

I'm canceling because I switched to Comcast.  Why?  Verizon was billing me for 3 mbit service, delivering 1.5 mbit for the past two years, with a lame excuse "You're in an area that only supports 1.5 mbit", Funny, I have neighbors connected to the same pole that get 3 mbit service.  When they cut me to 768k and started blocking half the sites I frequent, I called it quits.

They keep trying to sell me FIOS, but DSL & FIOS connect to the same central office and crummy performance on one means the other isn't likely to be any better.

Anyway, how do I cancel DSL, since the automated menu system doesn't seem to allow me to?

I can honestly say that I had DSL issues with cables when they were left open and it rained somewhere between my home and the CO. I called, they did line tests I called they did line tests, and eventually they would find an open splice box on the line where cables were getting wet and the line crew would dry it out, fix it and the problem would be solved. Due to aging cables and perhaps a lack of maintenance these DSL problems can occur. Also if there is construction in your area, contractors may leave things open.

FiOS if you can get it improved my service 10 fold and now even more. In regards to reliability of service, mine has been as close to 100% as you can get. Perhaps maybe one outage in six years. So your mileage may very. And usually the fiber plant is in a totally different building. I know it is in my town.

I know this is off topic in regards to cancellation, but you may want to give FiOS a shot, and have your account migrated so you do not lose your email account or other items you may have used with DSL. I agree that Verizon account management and billing is far from perfect, but I have not found a company that is perfect. But in terms of quality and technology of service, it is as perfect for me as I could find.

I migrated from 1.5 DSL like I said, about six years ago, and was as far from the DSL office as you can get. I have been 100% satisfied with the FiOS technology.