Unable to cancel order - existing customer - Black Friday Weekend Promotion
Charlie143
My 2-year contract expired a month ago and I got an email about the Black Friday Promotion. It said I can get a reminder sent to me so that I can renew my contract online and get a better deal as part of the holiday. So I waited. On Black Friday I got the reminder texted to me, I open a browser from my phone and go online. I found my existing package advertised for $17 cheaper per month, but after 10 months it would increase. I felt that was okay since I was saving some money up front. Then I get an email order summary that showed the taxes and fees, which I did not see on the internet browser when I hit submit on my order. Now i am locked into a 2-year contract that is $19 higher than my last contract, and after 10 months it increases even more. Once I see the email summary I try reaching customer service, but the links on the website tell me that I need to call back Mon-Fri during normal business hours. I tried calling but once the phone prompts identify me as an existing customer it tells call back during normal business hours. So I wait until Monday and call back. The customer service agent supervisor basically tells me that there is nothing they can do. I am now locked into a 2-year agreement that is nearly $20 a month higher, and in 10 months will be $40 or more a month higher. I asked them to cancel the agreement and they want me to pay an early termination fee of $350. I am less than 48 hours into the contract and I stuck - because I couldnt reach an agent after I placed the order. No one seems to be able to help me. The customer service people all say the same thing, that the system does not allow them to cancel orders, or waive the early termination fee. I feel that Verizon trapped me into waiting for the Black Friday Promotion, only to get locked into a higher rate, and now they wont let me get out. Wow, did I get screwed or what?
Re: Unable to cancel order - existing customer - Black Friday Weekend Promotion
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Charlie143,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes