Unauthorized Renewal
NS41

I cancelled my Verizon Fios service (internet, tv, and phone) today because Verizon renewed my subscription without my authorization.

Yesterday evening, I logged into my Verizon Fios account to review my options for a new subscription as my contract expires in less than two weeks.  As I was navigating the options, I noticed an email that said "Thank You For Your Order". I had not completed my order, confirmed my order, or even clicked the "checkout" tab at the bottom of the page.  I entered into a chat conversation with a representative and requested that the order be canceled because I had not placed and was still considering other options. The chat representative stated that he could see that I was logged into my account, but he could not cancel the order and that I would need to call 1-800-837-4966 to speak with someone to cancel it on the backend.

I called the  number he provided and the representative told me that I was speaking with the Verizon Wireless division and needed to call a different number to speak with some with Fios. Since it was late, I was sick, and very upset, I decided to call the next morning. At 8:30 this morning, I called to resolve the issue and was told by the representative that I could not cancel the order. I asked for the call to be escalated to a manager and I explained to the manager, Madeline, that I had not confirmed, authorized, or placed an order and I definitely did not want the two year package. Madeline stated that the order could not be reversed. At that point, I requested my service be cancelled because I was not going to be forced to pay for service I did not authorize.  I initially asked for the tv and phone service to cancelled but ultimately the internet service as well because Madeline stated that I would be charged a fee for early termination of my contract. I explained that I still had 13 days left in my current contract and should not be charged a fee. Madeline stated that the early termination fee was based on the new order. I became extremely incensed because I was being charged an early termination fee for a contract I had not authorized. Further, it hadn't even been 12 hours since the order was in the system. I asked to speak to the next level manager to resolve the issue and Madeline stated that she was the highest level manager and there were no other options for me. 

Needless to say, there were many other words exchanged as I view this as a very unethical, fraudulent, and illegal business practice. This is the first issue I have had with Verizon Fios and I can't believe that there is no customer resolution process for this issue. I am highly disappointed and plan to pursue further actions to get this resolved. 

0 Likes
Re: Unauthorized Renewal
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NS4,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes