Unbelievable incompetence, giving my phone number to another customer, etc.
rfhendrix
Enthusiast - Level 1

I didn't order a DVR but they brought one to the house anyway and said, when I pointed out the error, that I would receive a standard cable box in the mail. Well they sent another DVR. I complained about their scam 2 year promotion after I received the first itemized bill and I was promised a resolution which included a standard box and a switch to copper for the phone portion of my  TV, internet and phone package so that I could get a Lifeline discount. So the next thing they did was disconnect the phone!

Now I have been without a phone for 4 days, on the phone 4 times and on hold for hours and I was just told that they have to give me a new number and they have assigned the number that was up and working 4 days ago to another customer!

I have talked to supervisors and very courteous people but the huge Verizon beast just keeps generating more confusion to top off the previous confusion supposedly resolved by the previous agent. Calls are never returned. Promises are not kept and incompetence rules at Verizon, overshadowing the nice and courteous people who have to cover for the worst company I have ever dealt with.